WANTED:A started black or yellow lab

lab man

First a little history on myself and my son. Seven years ago my son purchased a started lab for me. He now is 38 years old and has his own home. I told him that when he was ready for a dog I would repay him by getting a started lab for him.
I would like the dog to be FF trained, introduced to the gun, E collar, and birds. It would be a plus if it was house trained, as it will in the house and outside kennel.
I hope we can get one here in Wi, I also maybe interested in Eastern Mn, Northern Iowa or Northern Illinois.
One question I have is can we house train a dog that is a year old?

lab man

One question I have is can we house train a dog that is a year old?

lab man

I don't see why not. It may take a little longer than it would for a pup but it shouldn't be a big deal. I would think a female would be easier than a male.

We bought my golden at 4 month's. He was partially house broken, but spent lots of time in a kennel/garage with other dogs.

We had him in a crate inside the house (January) and didn't let him roam. As I recall, he only had one accident; this due to lots of water and our not being attentive to his signs.

At a year the dog should be reasonable mature and take direction and rewards for going outside.

Good Luck!

If you need a line on a dog, drop a note - I may be able to help.

Jon

I don't see why not. It may take a little longer than it would for a pup but it shouldn't be a big deal. I would think a female would be easier than a male.

I would agree with this 100%. I have picked up both male and female adult kennel dogs over the years. You will have much better luck with the female, especially if it is an intact male. My current dog was a year old when I got him. First thing he did is piss on my wifes favorite chair. He is now 90% broke, but 2 years later it still comes up from time to time.

Back