Vikes Monday Night Game

I assume most team owners are billionaires so let them pay for it. Call Citi Mortgage like I had to..

:10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign: All you'll see tonite is a bunch of millionaires huddling around a heater. Keep buying jerseys of underachievers. And you want to pay for there stadium whats wrong with that picture.

:10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign::10sign: All you'll see tonite is a bunch of millionaires huddling around a heater. Keep buying jerseys of underachievers. And you want to pay for there stadium whats wrong with that picture.

heck no.. owners would probably NOT be there... but in the comfort of their own home OR at the metrodome where the game will be on tv in their own office.

sounds like Brett Favre is going to TEST his throwing ability tonight before the game to see if he can play. he went from OUT status to QUestionable.

sbnation chicago said:
Is it a love of the spotlight, or a deep-seated fear of irrelevance that drives Brett Favre? Whatever personal demons or horrible advisers that led the aging, increasingly brittle quarterback to return to the Minnesota Vikings this season, are whispering to Favre again.

Brett Favre’s condition has been changed from ‘out’ to ‘questionable’. He’s expected to test his arm a few hours before game time, according to Chicago Breaking Sports.

heck no.. owners would probably NOT be there... but in the comfort of their own home OR at the metrodome where the game will be on tv in their own office.
I think he's referring to the players, not the owners.

It is kinda sad that Joe Taxpayer has to fund these stadiums for millionaire players and billionaire owners or they'll pack up and head to some other city desperate for an NFL franchise. I guess anti-trust laws apply everywhere but in awarding professional sports franchises. Green Bay is proof that you don't need a major market to support a professional sports franchise. All you need is a dedicated fan base and a salary cap to prevent the big market franchises from "buying" championships like they do in baseball.

DAMN! Favre is going to start tonight. I wanted to see Webb in there. I hope someone smokes Favre on the first series and puts him out for the year. There is no purpose to start Favre, let the rookie give it a try. How else are they going to know what Webb can do?

DAMN! Favre is going to start tonight. I wanted to see Webb in there. I hope someone smokes Favre on the first series and puts him out for the year. There is no purpose to start Favre, let the rookie give it a try. How else are they going to know what Webb can do?

you know favre... he doesnt like to give up like that. i figured he would start.

Yep can't believe it. Nice opening drive though. I still hope the gray fox gives Web a go and show he is not selfish. if he stays in it shows he is. I love that Booker dude they signed, I can't figure out why they don't let him return punts too, I can't figure out all the little bone head things they do. He is too good lets just use him on kick offs.:(
1 thing is AP has not put the ball on the ground all year, how about that turn around?. I wana see web dangit. I knew the MNers would show up. Cool to see the breath from the line men before the snap, it's how it should be.

well webb isnt really doing very good.. although he is starting to look like a michael vicks running back mode.

can't worry about tonight, just let him get his feet wet. He is a big guy, and man can he move. I tell ya what, if he can get game smarts, he could be a real good QB. It's there I'm telling ya.:thumbsup:

true!!

rookies need experience to see if they are worth anything. i mean look at favre... i know hes old but back in 1992, he was a great qb waiting to happen.. but now is his grandfather time in QB time. he needs to retire and move on. these defense can do damage...

Bud Grant still looks like a Champ!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think the defence stayed home. They don't give a hoot. Too bad for the rest of the guys these vets don't show up and play because they know the season is over. Time to clean house of poor attitudes and start over.

Vikings really looked bad didn't they.
I think AP was just to valuable to be wasted, and likely won't see a lot of action this season. Do I blame them? not a bit.

I think I'll be a Lions fan next year, Lions are going up fast while the Vikings have crashed with little to look forward to next year.:(

I was at the game, great environment for Vikings football. Webb looked horrible, like the rest of the team, and as you know, I'm pretty much a die hard Vikings fan. I have no patience for another T-Jack experiment with Webb. I also don't think Leslie Frazier is the man for this job.
I don't want a player coach, I want a coach that's going to yell at players coming off the field that don't do their job like they should have. John Gruden for instance........

I think I'll be a Lions fan next year, Lions are going up fast while the Vikings have crashed with little to look forward to next year.:(
There may not be a next year. The NFL owners want a new collective bargaining agreement that includes an 18 game season, a rookie wage scale and increased drug testing. The NFL Players Association is balking, so there may be a players lockout in March. If that happens, at least they'd have until Sept. to reach a new agreement though.

I think 18 game seasons a bad thing.

Why u afraid Blackcloud will whoop you 2 more times in fantasy foosssball bobby.:D 18 WEEKS IS THE DEVIL.
:cheers: Web was in a tough spot. But he did show he has flash. I think he will settle down and do better each time. His college stats are impressive.

The players are very much against 18 games. There are to many injuries now 2 more games are not going to help.......Bob

Back