Various observations....

Did he get bifocals when he turned 50? The first year Dad shot with bifocals, he took them off & threw them!
No.It wasn't a vision problem. He would only take one hunting trip per year, and his dogs weren't any good. I thought maybe there was something wrong with his gun.So I took it out one time, and limited out. He shot the same gun from 1970 to 2010. He went on a 20 year skunk.Missed many layups.One thing was, he was never ready to shoot.

One thing was, he was never ready to shoot.

I've tried to tell my Father this for years now. Get your gun ready to shoot for cryin' out loud. Every time I look over at him its on his shoulder or cradled. Plus the fact that he shoots left handed using a right handed shotgun doesn't help either.

I've tried to tell my Father this for years now. Get your gun ready to shoot for cryin' out loud. Every time I look over at him its on his shoulder or cradled. Plus the fact that he shoots left handed using a right handed shotgun doesn't help either.
That's how my dad was.Walking in short grass, on the edge blocking. He shot a little 20 gauge side by side ithica.By the time he got a shot off, the bird was 50 yards out! I would tell him to get ready, but he still had his gun down. He would shoot hens by accident occasionally, but he went 22 years without a rooster.Maybe more.

Back