UTV questions?!?!

goldenboy

Hey guys, I am thinking about upgrading my 4-wheeler to a UTV (side by side) I mainly use these vehicles for work like plowing snow, hauling brush, building deer stands, etc. Anybody own one? Recommendations on what to or not to buy? Any certain accessories you can't live without?

Polaris are good. I have owned a couple and run them hard. Never owned a kaw but the do look cheaper

Kubota are tough to beat for a true workhorse. Made for power with top end speed about 25. I have a Polaris Ranger 500 Crew. spends most of its time on the pavement but has no issue's in the power department. Pulls the Seadoo just fine up the big hills and use it to put it in and out of the water. Couldn't be happier with it. Wish I could give you a better off road report but I would not have any concerns using it that way. Just haven't had the chance to yet.

We use JD Gator's at work and they have come a long way in the last few years in my opinion. I did not go with them as I ended up with a smoking deal for the Ranger that I couldn't pass up.

Good luck in your search. They appear to hold their value pretty darn good and deals are tough to come across. Be curious what you end up with.

Up there you may want a cab and heat!!! Polaris Rangers are darn nice but expensive as well. They do get stuck, but not very easily. they run about 55 MPH. They make them that seat 4 people now as well. Tons of options!:cheers:

Check out Yamaha's new Viking. I own Yamaha equipment and Honda, and both are very good. I've heard from friends Polaris over the gator's, if I were you I would check on one of the atv boards and see what folks on there are saying. But again, the Yammy Viking is one nice looking outfit.

Back