Upland gloves?

Tfmdl

Looking for some bird hunting gloves, waterproof a must,warm but not bulky,good finger movement. Any help? Thanks.

I wear deerskin gloves. Unlined for warm weather and lined for cold. I think you might have a hard time finding a warm waterproof glove that isn't a little bulky. Maybe somebody knows of some. I personally never felt the need for having waterproof gloves for upland hunting.

If moisture, as opposed to waterproof, and cold are in the mix then I find a Thermasilk liner and Windstopper SitkaGear glove work as well as anything.
I can manipulate DTs with that combo.
Another pair of whatever chosen back at the truck, is even better.

For straight cold with snow, the old wool glove with over mitten is tough to best....thin leather or a mechanic's glove, otherwise.

Guess I never saw a need for a waterproof upland glove.

Like others have said, I don't use anything that is completely waterproof, but what I have found that works best for warm weather hunting is a baseball batting glove. They give you some protection for your hands if you're in thick cover, provide a little warmth (although not the answer if it really is cold) and they have a great grip, even if it's wet and rainy.

wear the Bob Allen leather shooting gloves. The last forever, are warm enough, and don't pick up burrs. Not waterproof

I use the Under Armour Primer glove...decent and waterproof. Check the UA website.

For years I have been going to WalMart once the winter clothes are stocked and head for the men's wear section. They have a glove rack and have always had a leather thinsulate glove that works well for me. It is light leather that gives me some feel with a thinsulate lining. They are similar in feel as the Bob Allens, but are $14-$17 per pair. I usually keep several pairs in the truck in case I get them wet or lose one as I often do.

Gloves

Head sensatec runners gloves or Footjoy wintersof golf gloves are great but not waterproof. I was gonna buy a pair of high dexterity scuba gloves but they were 45 bucks, so I decided to take a nap in the car when it's raining. I did bird hunt a couple times in a light drizzle and it was hard on the hands but really good hunting with birds holding tight. I started wearing thin poly liner gloves underneath when it gets really cold and boy do they help keep the hands warm and dry.

I bought a pair of Under Armor gloves. They are really thin, but, not waterproof. I loved them. Highly recommend.

I have tried FootJoy winter golf gloves and they didn't work well in the rain or snow, I tried Glacier Gloves and they didn't do well in the wind. For warm and fair bird hunting weather, I have bought and stockpiled several different types of lightweight leather gloves at Walmart, Tractor Supply and other similar stores. I keep at least two spare pair in my hunting vest and a couple more in the truck or in the duffel bag with the first aid kit. I put mink oil on the back of these gloves to help repel moisture and switch out when a pair becomes uncomfortably wet. This year I am planning on buying a pair of insulated gloves and wear one insulated glove on my lead hand and a non-insulated glove on my trigger hand. My other experiment will be to try the lightest weight silk liner I can find under the leather gloves.

Here is my issue with gloves. Thicker ones are warm, but bulky, thinner ones are not bulky, but are not warm either. Also, thinner gloves have a tendency to get caught in moving parts of your gun, specifically when loading shells if you have a pump or a semi-auto. Deerskin is still the best, but I do not wear them for the reasons I stated. I eventually asked myself why I need gloves, and could not come up with a reason. In the winter, once your hands acclimate to the temp, it is way more comfortable than wearing gloves. The only time I wear them now is if I need to clime over a barb wire fence. Then they go back in the pocket.

Another leather glove I have been really happy with is the petzl cordex gloves, the backs aren't water or wind proof but the leather is awesome and soft, they are made for handling climbing rope so they are great out training with a check cord as well, not what you are looking for but a great glove if you are a "collector" like me

Back