Upland brush pants

Boch0627

Hey fellas, does anyone have any ideas on where to get some upland brush pants in a 40×36 size say less than 100$? Most companies make a 40" waist but only a 32-34 legnth. Looking for 36" as I normally wear 40/38 in jeans. All comments greatly appreciated, Thanks

Go to the first lite site and click on size 40, the 35 length isn't available for over 38 length. Maybe try contacting them and check for sure.

Maybe you would be happy with a pair of Dan's nylon chaps. You can also tie the bottoms and wade thru water.

I used to hunt in carharrt bibs, but the weight was to much for old legs. Switched to jeans with the chaps. In cold conditions is wear lined jeans
under the chaps.

Just bought a pair of Banded Tallgrass chaps. Haven’t used them yet. A few years ago I bought a pair of Duluth briar pants, which I like, but I’m hoping with the chaps it’ll be cheaper and lighter packing for trips in the long run.

Take a look at the Gamehide brush buster. I've been pleasantly surprised. I had been an avid Columbia Briarshun user for years and stocked up several pair and use them today, but the Gamehide fronts are pretty darn good. I've stocked up on several pair as well. Now for the size, they make waist sizes I believe to 46 or 48. 44 for sure. The come hemmed at 32. I'm 6' wear a 34" inseam and use suspenders which have your paints ride higher than normal and these pants fit closer to 34. They have 2-3 more inches you can let out. Good luck

Last edited:
cabelas has or had a jeans-based pair for $49.99.

Kuhl has most comfortable pair of brush pants I've ever worn. They call them above the law2

Carhartt Firm Duck Double Front Work Dungaree Pant B01 been using these all season 50 bucks in your size I would not hesitate to order another pair.

Had a pair of these (Carhartt Double Front) myself. Good quality and serviceable if you overlook the built in brush hook (I think they consider it a hammer loop, but I never carry a hammer when bird hunting. Only real downside was - these are heavy when wet.

Now have pair of the exact same thing (also Carhartt) except they have nylon brush facing vice double canvas. The facing goes all the way down the leg (canvas ones stop short - a bit too short) and repels dew/water rather well. Same goofy hammer loop/brush catcher but if I wasn't lazy I'd just razor it off - not a big deal. These are "keepers".

Reactions: Jet
Assuming you found some?? If not, these are fantastic from LL Bean. I have these and they last a loooong time and are comfy. LL Bean usually runs a 15%-20% off now and then so just watch for it.

Back