Upland brush pants

FWIW, may depend on your intended usage. I bought a very similar pair (TWO pairs - so a pair of pairs, I guess) from Beans some years back. Results were a poor fit - what I'd call the "mall fit" or "cowboy pants". Rode low and not enough leg room to swing a leg up over a barbed wire fence without hanging up on the important stuff, and no it wasn't a size or body shape issue. MUCH worse, the facings were cosmetic (see "mall attire"), not functional. First (and last, in these) time I went bird hunting my legs looked like hamburger when I got home, most uncomfortable. I didn't charge into a chainsaw (though it looked like I had) - just walked through some what I think they call multi-flora as I always had.

Also. My wife says I'm out of touch on today's prices. There is evidence to support this. But $119 for, basically, taupe colored jeans with some nylon facing? Sale or no sale, I'd personally put that money aside for my "next new shotgun" coffee can (can't trust them banks).

I have come to avoid Beans for the same reason I stopped buying Orvis - seems like their products became more fashion oriented than hard core functional - and their prices reflect it. Filson and Carhartt seem pricey (everything does to me these days) but seems like you do get the value you paid for.

Had a pair of these (Carhartt Double Front) myself. Good quality and serviceable if you overlook the built in brush hook (I think they consider it a hammer loop, but I never carry a hammer when bird hunting. Only real downside was - these are heavy when wet.

Now have pair of the exact same thing (also Carhartt) except they have nylon brush facing vice double canvas. The facing goes all the way down the leg (canvas ones stop short - a bit too short) and repels dew/water rather well. Same goofy hammer loop/brush catcher but if I wasn't lazy I'd just razor it off - not a big deal. These are "keepers".

Do you have a link to the these or a product number off the tag perhaps?

Not sure what it means but at the bottom of the tag is "8292 BRN" (brown?) and at the very top a mysterious string as follow:
"0609 1546867173490 16" No product name, per se - just regular Carhartt tags. Generally, product I like is immediately discontinued, so I hope they are still making these.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm. I haven’t been able to find anything that looks like those on their website and the numbers you provided don’t pull anything either. Like you said probably discontinued. Seems to always be the case when you find something that works for a decent price.

Sorry about that. I probably killed the entire product line (surprised the Carhartt itself survived) when I bought these, and that has been probably several years ago. IVO time, space and interest limitations I won't do it, but I could provide you with a long list of excellent products I have apparently personally killed, starting with "real" Browning A-5s.

Hey fellas, does anyone have any ideas on where to get some upland brush pants in a 40×36 size say less than 100$? Most companies make a 40" waist but only a 32-34 legnth. Looking for 36" as I normally wear 40/38 in jeans. All comments greatly appreciated, Thanks
I have a pair of Wrangler upland camo pants 38X36 that might fit you. Too big in the waist for me. I also have a brand new Browning Upland Jacket size XX if you are interested. Real good price for both.

Sorry about that. I probably killed the entire product line (surprised the Carhartt itself survived) when I bought these, and that has been probably several years ago. IVO time, space and interest limitations I won't do it, but I could provide you with a long list of excellent products I have apparently personally killed, starting with "real" Browning A-5s.
No apologies needed. It’s not just you that causes this apparently. Only reason I’m in this thread is because my current pants are nearing their end of life and of course that style is no longer made. 🙁

FWIW, may depend on your intended usage. I bought a very similar pair (TWO pairs - so a pair of pairs, I guess) from Beans some years back. Results were a poor fit - what I'd call the "mall fit" or "cowboy pants". Rode low and not enough leg room to swing a leg up over a barbed wire fence without hanging up on the important stuff, and no it wasn't a size or body shape issue. MUCH worse, the facings were cosmetic (see "mall attire"), not functional. First (and last, in these) time I went bird hunting my legs looked like hamburger when I got home, most uncomfortable. I didn't charge into a chainsaw (though it looked like I had) - just walked through some what I think they call multi-flora as I always had.

Also. My wife says I'm out of touch on today's prices. There is evidence to support this. But $119 for, basically, taupe colored jeans with some nylon facing? Sale or no sale, I'd personally put that money aside for my "next new shotgun" coffee can (can't trust them banks).

I have come to avoid Beans for the same reason I stopped buying Orvis - seems like their products became more fashion oriented than hard core functional - and their prices reflect it. Filson and Carhartt seem pricey (everything does to me these days) but seems like you do get the value you paid for.
Mountain Kakai (MK) makes a great pair about $75, for cold and wet I'd spend the extra and get Orvis, about $150 but will last a lifetime.

There's always 'that guy' in a thread that ignores the original request. I'm 'that guy' on this one.

I hate brush pants. I've never found a pair that truly fit, crotch always sagged, or thighs were too tight, or the ankle diameter was cut for some teenage girl wearing tap dance shoes.

So rather than dropping $100+ on pants I can wear only to hunt in, I wear chaps. Pull them over my favoritist comfortablist awesomist (made those words up) jeans, and rock on.

Just bought a pair of Banded Tallgrass chaps. Haven’t used them yet. A few years ago I bought a pair of Duluth briar pants, which I like, but I’m hoping with the chaps it’ll be cheaper and lighter packing for trips in the long run.

Update. Tried out my new chaps the other day and I really like them.

Back