upland boot report

Labman500

I purchased a pair of the Irish setter Havoc upland boots earlier this summer. And have just recently started to wear them to break them in. For starters, by recommendation from a local boot and leather man he suggested just to use plan ol mink oil. So I oiled them down and put them on my boot dryer to warm them up and to allow the oil to penetrate and spread out evenly. After a day I began to wear them around the yard doing some work for a few days and to be honest with you it was like going bear footed around the yard. I thought that they were very light in weight and felt like I have had them for a couple of years, very pleased. This past week I have been running the dogs at the local conservation club in the tall grass and the past few mornings the dew on the ground has been extremely heavy. After about a 30 min run for the dogs and walk for me I can honestly say that my feet never got wet. I was again impressed with these boots. Very comfortable and dry feet was what I was looking for and I think I got it. I did find out one thing though, my water proof LL bean chaps are not water proof. My legs from my knees down got soaked. At least I had dry feet. I would highly recommend this boot. I purchased mine from the Uplanders warehouse.:10sign:

Thanks,
I may give them a shot as my next pair.
Really have not been happy with my last couple pairs of Danners

I had a pair of Browning upland and the soles started to come off after 2 trips to the field. I sent them back and will take a look at the ones you recommended. My Wolverines lasted for 5 seasons but it may be time for them to get upgraded or at least have a back-up pair.

Are you sure it is the chaps that are not waterproof and not water being wicked up your pant legs?

I've has similar experience but found out the pants I was wearing were the issue and not the waterproof bibs in my case. I rolled up pant legs above boot tops and no wet legs.

Back