UPH Fantacy Football

I had sent you a message right away, but you didn't put me in the fantasy football league. I play every year, it's a good time. Looks like I won't be in the UPH one though.

All is going [mostly good]:eek:

Our league is East and West divisions. Don't really know how that happened.:confused: I ain't the most puter savy guy around.

I put teams in the divisions as I got emails. [except coot and cloud] they need to be where they can squabble.;)

Still need emails from Chuckles, FSC Springer and JMc.

Our league is set for 12 teams.

Then; we need to get together on a time and date for the draft.

Sent you my e-mail as well, waiting for the invite and I'll be in.

When are we thinking about doing the draft? I'd like to at least wait till after the first preseason game

We need to figure out a time for the draft.

If someone can't make the time of the draft, ESPN does it for you.
They REALLY know their crap! Their puters will select for you the next best projected player available. [the 2 top teams last year in the league I was in had their teams selected by ESPN]

More fun to have your own picks though:thumbsup:.

Fantasy owners are known for favorite players from favorite teams, not necessarily the best to win.:eek:

Wayne a question here that might us people that don't know. Last year when did the league you were in hold their draft? Maybe some others here have an idea as to when.

Yup we can have the draft anytime.

All 12 teams have been invited, still a couple of you need to follow directions on the invite and join.

Some leagues wait until preseason games. Some wait until NFL's final cut.

I think we should go ahead and schedule our draft. We know who the top players will be. As far as rookies, they are a gamble anyway. Probably there will be injuries and other unforeseen stuff. There are always rooster changes and we can go to our bench and free agency.

I agree, set the draft a little earlier and get things done. Probably after first preseason game. if we set it too far out we end up with scheduling problems. There is always the option of an auto draft too. Just order the players on the site and let the computer draft.

I am a man of little patience, the sooner the better for me. I hate waiting games........Bob

Would a weekend work for you guys.
Say like Sat Aug 14th?
Any thoughts?

I see Ken can't make it, I'll stand by and wait if we have to move. How about up a week instead of back a week...........Bob

I hate to say this, Next Friday July 30 is my wife's 73 Birthday. My youngest daughter is flying in from Phoenix as a surprise present to her mother on Friday. I have to have her back to the airport around 3:00 PM Sunday so she can fly back home. I won't be available until about 4:00 PM my time. That is 6:00 PM in Minneapolis. I don't think that will give us enough time to do what has to be done. I do want to do my own drafting, so give me your thoughts. Think we can get the job done?.........Bob

I have to move on July 30 - Aug 1st so thats bad for me.

I think we should pick a weekday evening (say 7pm) a few weeks out so people have time to adjust schedules, and just leave it on that day. There is no way we'll be able to pick a time that works for everyone.

I'll be out of town and away from civilization for the w/e of the 14th. This ain't gonna be easy that's for sure. I like the idea of an evening or any other w/e. Don't let one or 2 people hold this thing up though. If we can't make it on the day you select, we'll just have to wait till next time. I think you'll be hard pressed to make anything work for everyone.

Commish?

It should be up to the commissioner to decide on this all. If you want to take a vote, or just make a ruling, I think whatever you decide will work. It isn't for $ and it was your idea, so no-one should be able to gripe.

Back