Uninsulated Boots??

These Red Head tactical boots are my next try. Water proof and pretty tall, comfortable on my trip to Scheels today. $115. It will be interesting how the toe holds up in the grass. If I can’t get two yrs outta them I’m jumping in with both feet to the good stuff. I know I know but $400 for a pair of boots? I’m still trying to get over $4 McDoubles
Those look like a nice design. Meet many of my criteria, a key one being no seam on the toe. I guess it's been a long time since I've bought a McDouble. Didn't they used to be $1?? Dang. Either way, the $285 you saved will buy quite a few of them.

Those look like a nice design. Meet many of my criteria, a key one being no seam on the toe. I guess it's been a long time since I've bought a McDouble. Didn't they used to be $1?? Dang. Either way, the $285 you saved will buy quite a few of them.
Why don't you like the seam on the toe? Uncomfortable or wears too quickly?

I need a moc toe on my boots. If it wears too much on the seam, I have a shoe shop apply toe tough, problem solved.

there are very good insulating socks these days

I destroy them quickly. I'm sure it's a combination of the cover (mainly switchgrass & cattails) & the way I walk, but I have no luck with them.
You can get moccasin style boots with toe caps to protect the seam. I ordered my Russell's with a boar hide cap and after @15 years no issues whatsoever.

I like moc style because they are so much more comfortable.

Last edited:
Tufftoe is very good too, and also provides a glossy, drag-free coating

Back