UGUIDES weekly results are on his website...

benelli-banger

UGUIDES weekly results by camp are a very valuable tool for those of you interested in how things are going in various parts of SD...a real gift. What we know is that these camps are going to be really good habitat, and set up for hunting quite well...lots of other places that guys go may or may not be...kind of hit and miss. So it helps in evaluating how different parts of the state are doing. I've been on 2 trips so far, totaling about 12 days of hunting, and my results kind of mirror what I saw on UGUIDE's website...consistent limits early on in the season (young birds?)...was the case for me...as the season has progressed, and the corn still standing, harder to kill birds before dark unless the weather is very inclement. Things should improve as the crops get harvested...main point, having that one website to view and see the results posted like they are is a great tool...and more importantly, a great source of land to hunt if you're interested in just showing up and wanting to hunt good ground, not burning a lot of your time scouting...and this season is not the season to just show up and expect to run across good ground...so wet, so many roads impassable, so much standing corn,etc, it is a great year to have ground lined up in advance and enjoy your time hunting while you're there...

UGUIDES weekly results by camp are a very valuable tool for those of you interested in how things are going in various parts of SD...a real gift. What we know is that these camps are going to be really good habitat, and set up for hunting quite well...lots of other places that guys go may or may not be...kind of hit and miss. So it helps in evaluating how different parts of the state are doing. I've been on 2 trips so far, totaling about 12 days of hunting, and my results kind of mirror what I saw on UGUIDE's website...consistent limits early on in the season (young birds?)...was the case for me...as the season has progressed, and the corn still standing, harder to kill birds before dark unless the weather is very inclement. Things should improve as the crops get harvested...main point, having that one website to view and see the results posted like they are is a great tool...and more importantly, a great source of land to hunt if you're interested in just showing up and wanting to hunt good ground, not burning a lot of your time scouting...and this season is not the season to just show up and expect to run across good ground...so wet, so many roads impassable, so much standing corn,etc, it is a great year to have ground lined up in advance and enjoy your time hunting while you're there...
Cha Ching!!

I have nothing to do with UGUIDE or his camps, never been to one of them...and realistically, there are probably no openings for this year...but I think it is an incredibly insightful way to see what is going on in various parts of the state, knowing the camps are all probably pretty equal in how they are laid out...that's all.

I have hunted with UGUIDE for 10 seasons. This year will be my first in SD without him and I'm a bit sad. There have been several people stating their opinions about UGUIDE on this site. Chris is a upstanding person trying to keep wild bird hunting alive by bringing the land owners and the hunters together. In the age of outfitters land grabbing and public land overuse, I believe this model has merit. Yes, he does run a business. I have personal knowledge of him and his organization. All benelli-banger was saying is that Chris does publish this information and that it is valuable. Even though I am not hunting with his farms this year, I still read his site to understand what is happening around the state of SD.

It looks as Chris is very honest and transparent with his hunt reports. Seems as he tries hard to have the guys know what to expect when they come to his camps. There are LOTS of variables when talking about actual wild pheasant kills.

Good luck to UGUIDE for the future. Looks like a great service he's providing hunters.

Back