Uguide

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelli-banger

So UGUIDE abandoned this website, evidently? hmmm....several years ago (and beyond) he seemed to make many insightful contributions...still could, if he chose to, but something goofy happened last year, IMO...good guy, smart guy, would be a terrific resource around here. Hope his biz is doing well...saw he added another camp in NW SD...smart move, that's my future home! :cheers:

yeah, i think he caught just too much shit and put himself in a vein of controversy, which you never want to do, especially if you have a hunting business.
i think he figured out, it was just not worth it.......

Yah! Because we had a bunch of guys on here that were complete a$$holes to the guy...... (You for instance)

I don't blame him. He was an excellent resource on here. Too bad you were a bunch of jerks!

So UGUIDE abandoned this website, evidently? hmmm....several years ago (and beyond) he seemed to make many insightful contributions...still could, if he chose to, but something goofy happened last year, IMO...good guy, smart guy, would be a terrific resource around here. Hope his biz is doing well...saw he added another camp in NW SD...smart move, that's my future home! :cheers:

Yah! Because we had a bunch of guys on here that were complete a$$holes to the guy...... (You for instance)

I don't blame him. He was an excellent resource on here. Too bad you were a bunch of jerks!

you are wrong my friend, i never commented on his ops, i might have disagreed with his erroneous statement that a drought did not affect pheasant reproduction......but that was it......he even sent me a free hat! you are just plain wrong...and save the name calling for your family and friends.

I didn't go back and look at who was who and what people were jerks to him. But,
I know the person that started this post on UGUIDE was a Jerk.

So if you weren't a jerk to him, then I guess the name calling wasn't intended for you!!!!! Go tell your family and friends!

you are wrong my friend, i never commented on his ops, i might have disagreed with his erroneous statement that a drought did not affect pheasant reproduction......but that was it......he even sent me a free hat! you are just plain wrong...and save the name calling for your family and friends.

Ditto. (which is less than 10 character minimum)

I didn't go back and look at who was who and what people were jerks to him. But,
I know the person that started this post on UGUIDE was a Jerk.

So if you weren't a jerk to him, then I guess the name calling wasn't intended for you!!!!! Go tell your family and friends!

I don't think anyone was a jerk to him at all. You are correct he was a great resource up until last year. That is when his reports and optimism did not match reality. I personally know some that spent the money and hunted with him the last couple of years. If I am going to spend the money to hunt I want a true assessment of what I will find, that is just honest business practice. No different than buying a car, a house or any other cash for product. All Benneli did was try to get him to give the honesty everyone else already knew. I am part of a yearly lease on a property in SD. I have been on this one 10 yrs or so. I get two blocks of time to hunt there. The farmer puts out food plots, leaves cover and tries to be bird friendly while trying to be profitable and feed his family. Every year he gives me an honest assessment and tells me what I will find. He is always 100% honest and told me the last couple years he would not blame me if I did not come. I still went and found some birds. I am not mad at him, he does what he can but can't control weather etc. He would not expect me to pay, but I do anyway because he has fulfilled his end of our contract and did not try to sell me a bill of goods that was less than true.

I was tough on him after it was clear he was playing games here, but I also complimented what he is doing many, many times, and also, recommended his services many, many times. IMO, he brought the reaction on himself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't like being screwed with, that's all. I do look at his website, he has some good stuff on it. You can categorize me as a jerk, or whatever, but I would be pretty shocked if you could find posts from me that are harsh directed at anybody else...to the contrary, I try to be helpful...whatever.

I was tough on him after it was clear he was playing games here, but I also complimented what he is doing many, many times, and also, recommended his services many, many times. IMO, he brought the reaction on himself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't like being screwed with, that's all. I do look at his website, he has some good stuff on it. You can categorize me as a jerk, or whatever, but I would be pretty shocked if you could find posts from me that are harsh directed at anybody else...to the contrary, I try to be helpful...whatever.

Benelli, you were very fair in your comments. Nobody has complemented U-guide more than you have. Yes, you were tough on him also and rightfully so. Everyone ( but him) thought the drought and tough spring / summer conditions of 2017 were going to impact the hatch and we were right.
Calling you or anyone a Jerk on this Forum is ridiculous. I always enjoy your posts, opinions and on the ground field updates. Please keep them coming!

Bob

Thanks for the kind words, from those of you who are so persuaded. Bottom line, I read everything UGUIDE wrote last spring, summer and fall, on this site and on his own website, and I must tell you that his crap was very, very apparent! I am not sure how others don't see it the same way, I guess I assume not everyone read enough of what he was spewing to arrive at the same conclusion. Like I may have said a day or two ago, I don't think I have a pattern of being a jerk around here, hopefully it is completely the opposite. Keep in mind UGUIDE is an advertiser/sponsor here, it probably does him no good to be in the throes of controversy or to be viewed as anything but a solid, credible source of pheasant hunting info...that probably motivated him to back away from the BS that was going on. He is capable and smart, and has a strong backbone--he can dish it out, too, and has. On a more positive note, the weather is starting to shape up nicely, and hopefully the combines are rolling! The 7-10 day forecast looks good for that...also, hearing good bird reports!!!!!

Brother you don't have anything to apologize for. It was very apparent he was trying to protect his future sign ups by painting a picture that was less than accurate. Many of us saw it and you were one that vocalized it. I defended him a lot on here, especially to the " Pay to Play" crowd that has an issue with anyone that can paying a bit to hunt. Providing information less than accurate was not the way to go about it, I would imagine that is why he no longer posts. Credibility goes along way.

Thanks for the kind words, from those of you who are so persuaded. Bottom line, I read everything UGUIDE wrote last spring, summer and fall, on this site and on his own website, and I must tell you that his crap was very, very apparent! I am not sure how others don't see it the same way, I guess I assume not everyone read enough of what he was spewing to arrive at the same conclusion. Like I may have said a day or two ago, I don't think I have a pattern of being a jerk around here, hopefully it is completely the opposite. Keep in mind UGUIDE is an advertiser/sponsor here, it probably does him no good to be in the throes of controversy or to be viewed as anything but a solid, credible source of pheasant hunting info...that probably motivated him to back away from the BS that was going on. He is capable and smart, and has a strong backbone--he can dish it out, too, and has. On a more positive note, the weather is starting to shape up nicely, and hopefully the combines are rolling! The 7-10 day forecast looks good for that...also, hearing good bird reports!!!!!

I hunting his farm last year with the same guys and dogs that had hunted his place for many many years. I can tell you the bird numbers was way down 50% or better than the years previous. We are not going back this year not because of the hunting but because we had a significant falling out on a financial matter. We are still going back to SD this year to a different place for a whole less $. I hope it turns out well for us. This is the only vacation some of us get.

You have nothing to apologize for. I found much of what Uguide wrote to be off putting to say the least. He has a business he was trying to protect, however he came off poorly. Keeping away from his keyboard is probably a much better business plan.

glad to hear some additional support...I am not trying to win a collective debate with the opposing voices from earlier in the thread, either...just wanted to make my point of view very clear...again, thanks, and more importantly, happy hunting!

Good Riddance! That guy was full of BS and spin. Just me posting may bring him back. He hated me..........the feelings were mutual.

He did dig his own hole. Just surprised he abandoned ship, but then he did have an ego. I remember him once stating that he didn’t reply to anyone with less than 50 post. Lol

Perhaps he was a bit abrasive with his answers but his knowledge for farming for pheasants was unmatched and why yes of coarse I am a Uguide costumer going for my 3rd year and can promise you he has amazing habitat full of birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back