Truck shocks

I used to get rid of factory shocks around 60K, but my GMC Sierra HD has Rancho shocks that seem to be holding up really well for 85K miles.

only necessary if you have a leak
The last Expedition I had the struts started leaking. I replaced them with Monroe Quick-Struts on all four corners and was very happy with them.

My truck has 97,000 miles. Had one shock replaced under warranty but I think I'm due to replace all four. It's starting to get a little bouncy.

My truck has 97,000 miles. Had one shock replaced under warranty but I think I'm due to replace all four. It's starting to get a little bouncy.
If it is starting to bounce then it's time to replace in my mind.

I have a Colorado ZR2. I got 3 estimates for shocks. To replace OEM shocks will cost me over $5500 plus tax. Evidently, they are special and there isn't an aftermarket shock that is cheaper that will work for that truck. I will trade it in before I put that kind of money into shocks. Wife is out of town but when she gets back, I'm going to see what my truck is worth and start pricing a new vehicle.

I have a Colorado ZR2. I got 3 estimates for shocks. To replace OEM shocks will cost me over $5500 plus tax. Evidently, they are special and there isn't an aftermarket shock that is cheaper that will work for that truck. I will trade it in before I put that kind of money into shocks. Wife is out of town but when she gets back, I'm going to see what my truck is worth and start pricing a new vehicle.
Make sure you are sitting when you see the prices of new trucks.

Make sure you are sitting when you see the prices of new trucks.
I know. I'vr been looking but people aren't buying right now and there are some dealers giving decent discounts to move inventory. I think I can sell my truck for a decent price too. We'll see.

Look on zr2 websites, some people buy those trucks and upgrade immediately to a high end shock to support a lift kit… Tacoma guys do the same

I know. I'vr been looking but people aren't buying right now and there are some dealers giving decent discounts to move inventory. I think I can sell my truck for a decent price too. We'll see.
I bought a Tacoma trd pro with factory fox shocks, ran into same problem 4 years ago at replacement time but my upgrade didn’t cost close to that much… good ol inflation!

How often do you guys replace the shocks and struts on your hunting truck?

between 125K and 130k the struts on my '10 4runner began leaking. i guess that's longer than average (true for you?) so i can't complain. had them replaced with OEMs and they now have about the same mileage on them as when they failed, so we'll see

Mosby wrote: "To replace OEM shocks will cost me over $5500 plus tax [on a Chevy Colorado]." WTF!! Investigate that! Over $1,100.00 per wheel??

That truck is sold with a shock upgrade, it does sound high but he’s right that a commercial replacement will not fit.

That truck is sold with a shock upgrade, it does sound high but he’s right that a commercial replacement will not fit.
Yep. I checked the forums and talked with 3 different dealerships. There isn't a cheap alternative.

I have king shocks and icon coils in the rear. With a rear track bar I think it was like 2300 and so worth it on my ram. I need do the front.
I just looked at king and they show 17+ zr2 shocks

Back