travel to hunt

nc bird man

Hello,

My name is Tom and i am new to the forum. I stumbled across the forum while planning a January trip from my home in North Carolina to the wonderful state of Kansas. I am an avid bird hunter and will travel many miles to hunt upland. I have English Setters and love them almost as much as my family.

Tom

Welcome

Welcome Tom. Can't wait to hear about your trip to Kansas! Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum and good luck...:cheers:

nc bird man

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Have found this site extremely interesting and informative. I will be hunting around the Lincoln area.

NC hunter

Where are you from in NC, I am originally from Davidson County and now live in CO. I am going to KS myself in a couple of weeks.

Hey jtaylor2, I have a son that lives in Bailey,Co and a Brother in Law that lives in Pine, Co. Are you close to them? Thay are bird hunters too!

NC

I still own a home on Payne Rd in Midway. I lived in N. Davidson for about 10 years. I bet we know lots of the same folks. Mark Reid, Mike Craft ring a bell?

KS Trip

I am brand new to upland hunting. I have a 18 wk old GSP that I am working with. My mentor is a long time bird hunter who raises GSP's and hunts extensively in KS. I cannot wait to go over there.

nc bird man

I live off Midway school on Hoy Long rd. Yes i am sure we know many of the same folks. Good luck on your Kansas hunt, make sure and let us know how it goes. I have a friend that lives on Payne rd. Joey Nifong P&h construction.

Hunting

We had a rough day yesterday in Eastern CO. Walked about 6-7 miles and never raised a feather, 70 degrees, and to top it all off, one dog came up lame and we had to take shifts carrying her back to the truck through some rough country. Oh well, it creates memories either way.

Back