Todays Hunt - 2020 Season

gjw

Hey, rather than having separate threads for our hunts, why don't we have just one that everyone can post for this season. Might save some time.

So let's see those pictures of your hunts here in this Great State.

Here's my first (sorry about the pic!)

Had a very short hunt after Church and before Sunday Dinner. Saw birds, but they were spooky today. Did manage one however. Addie did well again today.

I used my 12ga Siace today

Best,

Greg

Cool. First rooster of the year, first bird to fall to the Citori...

Attachments

• Firstrooster2020.jpg
    Firstrooster2020.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 22
Hey all, took off the afternoon today, temps were great after being in the deep freeze for the last two weeks. Winds were supposed to be low (right this is North Dakota, the winds were in that 18mph range). Birds were spooky (thanks wind!). Did down one that Addie tracked for some time and did a nice retrieve to hand. Her points are getting more staunch every time she gets out. She's going to rival the old girl (Duchess). She's a real natural.

Anyway, I used my 12b Joseph Harkom

0rBi18B.jpg

And.......Addie

slj2abZ.jpg

Best,

Greg

This morning went down south of Bowman to check my deer hunting area and got a limit of sharps & a bonus rooster, courtesy of the Wrecking Crew...

Attachments

• grouse110120.jpg
    grouse110120.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 38
The wrecking crew! I wish I could afford 3.
Have 4, my 14 year old kennel queen Betty (Sydney Anne's Black Betty) was retired this season and doesn't like it one damned bit. Going to pick up a started female in the Spring to replace her in the line up. Here's the entire Wrecking Crew on her last hunt, Christmas day last year...

Attachments

• Christmashunt2019.jpg
    Christmashunt2019.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Have 4, my 14 year old kennel queen Betty (Sydney Anne's Black Betty) was retired this season and doesn't like it one damned bit. Going to pick up a started female in the Spring to replace her in the line up. Here's the entire Wrecking Crew on her last hunt, Christmas day last year...
I can just imagine the shooting with 3 labs!

Nice PTM. Introduce us to your labbies...

Nice PTM. Introduce us to your labbies...
Cash is my black male who is working on his Senior hunter and Molly my yellow lab is 100 percent a pheasant meat dog. I have another Black female May who is working on her Senior hunter and I’m going to try for master with her so she only gets to hunt waterfowl here is May.ADA0C44A-2DF3-45A7-855F-107A131231BB.jpeg

Cash is my black male who is working on his Senior hunter and Molly my yellow lab is 100 percent a pheasant meat dog. I have another Black female May who is working on her Senior hunter and I’m going to try for master with her so she only gets to hunt waterfowl here is May.View attachment 470
Cash is my black male who is working on his Senior hunter and Molly my yellow lab is 100 percent a pheasant meat dog. I have another Black female May who is working on her Senior hunter and I’m going to try for master with her so she only gets to hunt waterfowl here is May.View attachment 470
Beautiful

Back