This is what it is all about!

wolfcreeknc

Stellar day last week in North Central Kansas. Our 2 year old Brittney finally started to figure out what it was all about. He pointed a rooster in some cat tails, I kicked him out and my 11 year old son put the hammer on it in one shot only to be followed up with a retreive from our dog. Perfect Daddy moment! Couldn't help but share this with you-all!
Thank you Kansas for a moment my Son and I will never forget:cheers:

Stellar day last week in North Central Kansas. Our 2 year old Brittney finally started to figure out what it was all about. He pointed a rooster in some cat tails, I kicked him out and my 11 year old son put the hammer on it in one shot only to be followed up with a retreive from our dog. Perfect Daddy moment! Couldn't help but share this with you-all!

Sharing these moments should be a requirement for site membership:cheers:

Thanks for the post & pic. Congrats to all involved!

Thanks for sharing! Great pic. That young man looks awful happy. A lifetime memory for you and your boy.

That is awesome:thumbsup::10sign:

congrats to you and your son. Just had that same type of moment this past weekend down in southwest kansas.

Good luck and I hope y'all have many more....

Greg

That is great! Congratulations to all.

I wish I was an artist and could paint what I see in my head, that of my oldest son's first bird, a rooster dropped with one shot from his Remington 1100 left hand 20 gauge, and my youngest son's first bird, a high passing mallard drake dropped with one shot from his Christmas present, a 20 gauge Browning BPS youth shooting three inch steel.

Life is full of memories, make the most of them and cherish them.

Love the pic. Everybody's smiling -- that's what's it all about! I also like the attention to safety -- plenty of blaze orange and eye coverings. Good show, dad. Great looking dog too.

Last edited:
Awesome and congrats to you. I am looking forward to a few more years when my little girl starts to put the hammer down on em with me!!! thanks for the post!!!

Congratulations to you and your son! It caused me to reminisce about my boys and their first birds and deer. You love those moments. Thanks again for sharing with us!:) Take a kid hunting--It has never disappointed me!

I wish someone would have carried a camera when I was a kid hunting with my dad and brother. Awesome picture! Congrats. I have a million of those burned into my memory. The best of times for sure!

Back