Things To Do In Hays

njp158

Heading to Hays in a couple weeks for some hunting. The wife and my young daughter are coming along as well. I'm looking for some ideas of things they might be able to check out if they don't want to hunt. I saw there's a movie theater and some musuems. Just looking for some things they can check out that might be cool other than sitting at the hotel or hunting with me. Say any direction within an hour of Hays.

My wife always went with me and enjoyed hanging around the motel watching cable. It helps if you buy the wife a nice dinner and even come back to take the family to lunch. Gives you a chance to rest your legs and be the good guy too.

Museum is good, Gellas is good. If they're into history the original fort Hays is on the 183 bypass on the south side of town along with accompanying museum , across the street from that the city maintains a herd of bison including currently a white one which is has been popular. Fort Larned is a little over your hour mark to the south similar to fort hays but restoration there is a lot better.

The high school is also doing a musical this weekend The hunchback of Notre Dame saw the kids do a preview and was impressed. Friday and Sat evening and sunday mid day

https://www.hayspost.com/2017/11/05/hays-high-to-perform-hunchback-of-notre-dame-nov-10-12/

There is a wetland education center at cheyenne bottoms just outside of Great Bend too

Next year hunt around Garden City. There is a waterpark in Garden City that is open year round. If you stay in one of the hotels nearby you will get a discount as well. Whenever my wife and kids want to tag along that is where we go.

I'd probably skip the hunting and go see the "sights". Bad as this may sound, the sights will be better than the hunting most likely.

Back