The World is coming to an end/Why I will never buy a Benelli

moellermd

Super Moderator
So check out Benellis latest promo.

http://www.benelliusa.com/promo/

I will never buy a shotgun from a company that needs to use naked women, OK it is probably spandex, to sell a gun.

A proper shotgun commercial should involve some sort of dog (heck it could even be a pointer), a dead bird of some species and a pick-up or a duck boat.

Last edited:
A proper shotgun commercial should involve some sort of dog (heck it could even be a pointer), a dead bird of some species and a pick-up or a duck boat.

LOL, even a pointer. That was a good one for a rainy day like today. I have visited that website a few time to look at the super nova as a new duck gun and never noticed that promo before because my work computers are slow at loading that for some reason and agree that any shotgun commercial should usually include at least a dog and an open field.

Come on now!!! I didn't see a naked woman. Any way , if she has upland bird tattoos ,that's kinda hot!!!!! I don't get out much though!!!!:eek:

Add to that something more egregious--in my opinion.

Benelli recently decided to drop Tom Knapp, their well known long term spokesman/trick shooter.

medium_tom-dogs.jpg

Last edited:
My Monte is the finest upland gun I own. Mr. Knapp is a great neighbor. The best looking women should be the least dressed.......!

Looks like the deal with Knapp was either a misunderstanding or Benelli is backing up because of the negative PR involved w/terminating someone who is ill. See Link.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_170820.asp

Sorry to hear about Knapps health problems. Have been fortunate enough to see his exhibition shooting in person a couple times and really enjoyed the shows.

Also liked his guest appearances on Benelli's American Bird Hunter years back but have never totally warmed up to him as full time host and replacement for the General.

I thought that promo on the 28 ga. Legacy was cool and very tastefully done. Sure didn't see andy naked women in it. I guess everyone has a different interpretation of things. As I've stated in the other thread that was bashing Benelli, I love my Monte that I've had for 10+ years and it's one of the best shotguns I've ever owned. Each to there own.

I guess using the naked woman in the promo sounds alot better than the straight forward I can't afford a Benelli. It will make me sound more prestigous (I could use alot of help with that).

But if anyone wants to donate a Benelli to me, I would gladly over look the sex sells marketing of the organization.

I hope to hear from a charitable soul soon :D

Back