The Wingshooter outdoor program

onpoint

Call me a critic but I took this as far as e-mailing the outdoor channel.

This is a great wingshooting program and Randy Lack does a super job leading the upland part of it's programming but the plastic camo Benelli and black cowboy hat needs to go. IMO, it would be like a whitetail hunting program where the person leading the program would be hunting with a nickle plated rifle and wearing a white New York Yankee's hat. Just doesn't fit the bill.

Onpoint

I watch it a lot also Chuck, My biggest complaint is they don't show enough Hunting like they did with "Hunting With Hank". They do a lot of talking dribble IMO. I love to watch good outdoor shows, but there are none really on any channel right now. Either they are a walking commercial or some other foolish talk.............Bob

I watch alot of outdoor shows and really there isn't any really good bird hunting shows. I wish someone would come out with one. Also it seems like alot of the other outdoor shows are going downhill. I love to bowhunt and of all the bow hunting shows I only watch a couple on a regular basis.

I have always enjoyed American Gun Dog the most. I do watch the other bird hunting shows but to AGD seems the best. I like that they show some ways to cook the birds and it seems to focus on the dog work a little more than others.

I still like the show but not the camo plastic gun..nor the cowboy hat. They just don't belong in the upland game field. I think it's another Benelli sponsored program.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe this past year was the last year for American Gun Dog. It's too bad.

I had the pleasure of hunting with Randy in Arizona a while back and must say he is quite a great guy, as far as the boots, well he is a cowboy from New Mexico and I have hunted some with mycowboy boots. The camo gun may be to much but he is a plain ole boy and he likes it so he shoots it.

As I said, great show. I'll take it anytime. I like watching any bird hunting. I just would love to see him shooting a nice double with a nice hunting cap on. He looks like a very nice guy and does a good job narrating the show.

Onpoint

I watch it a lot also Chuck, My biggest complaint is they don't show enough Hunting like they did with "Hunting With Hank". They do a lot of talking dribble IMO. I love to watch good outdoor shows, but there are none really on any channel right now. Either they are a walking commercial or some other foolish talk.............Bob

I couldn't agree more Sir. Upland TV shows could use a great deal of improvement.

Anyone remember the show Bird dogs Forever with Dr. Chris Hageseth? I thought that show did a good job spotlighting different breeds.

Seems the outdoor channels now are on deer and turkey hunting overkill. I realize the popularity of this type of hunting, but how many different shows on each must you have??

Anyone remember the show Bird dogs Forever with Dr. Chris Hageseth? I thought that show did a good job spotlighting different breeds.

Seems the outdoor channels now are on deer and turkey hunting overkill. I realize the popularity of this type of hunting, but how many different shows on each must you have??

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!:10sign:

You all do understand, don't you?

"plastic camo Benelli and black cowboy hat"

This is all about selling, advertising.

All these shows are TOTALLY selling.

Promoting products, YUP! it's true.

Nothing much to do with, our hunting upland or anything else.

HEY!! It's snowing, 34 degrees up here, kinda in a bad mood.:cheers:

Check out my snow pics in the lounge. That should cheer you up..NOT!!! LOL

I really liked Hunting With Hank. Dez Young was just the hunter I always wanted to be. Yeah, I know he must have missed some birds and had some bad days, but in the world of TV editing, every point, every flush, every shot, every retrieve was perfect, and he hunted the most beautiful parts of the country there are.

He was a class act, even if he did wear a funny hat and shoot one of those ole-fashioned SxS guns.

http://www.sycsporting.com/upload/imagenes/DEZJOUNG_PICTURE_633807607602740863.JPG

Last edited:
thx

thx on point for the heads up on links. ya, guys i get tierd of the deer and turkey stuff on the outdoor channel. sorry about the snow, its 98 in phx. az right now, it will be in the 100's very soon:eek: for the next four months.:eek::eek: hope i don't melt lol:D

I really liked Hunting With Hank. Dez Young was just the hunter I always wanted to be. Yeah, I know he must have missed some birds and had some bad days, but in the world of TV editing, every point, every flush, every shot, every retrieve was perfect, and he hunted the most beautiful parts of the country there are.

He was a class act, even if he did wear a funny hat and shoot one of those ole-fashioned SxS guns.

http://www.sycsporting.com/upload/imagenes/DEZJOUNG_PICTURE_633807607602740863.JPG

I kid you not, I found Dez Young on Facebook and sent him a friend request. He's only got 90 friends. I also found Tom Knapp and the gentleman who runs SYC hunting adventures. Dez already confirmed my friend request.

I also joined South Dakota Pheasant Hunters.

Onpoint

Back