Texas teen sets Skeet shooting world record 500 out of 500

:10sign::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its not anything I could do, but a little clarity is called for. Its not a world record. Its a collegiate record. Many people have gone 500 for 500 at American skeet. To win the High Overall Championship at the World Shoot one almost has to.

The Army needs to recruit this young man into the Army marksmanship unit at Fort Benning Georgia and begin training with Olympic skeet shooting hopefuls. He could possibly be the next Vincent Hancock. For those of you who have never heard of Vincent, he is reigning men's International skeet gold medal winner at both Beijing and London games. The first skeet shooter to repeat back to back gold.

Be a shame to see that talent go to waste.....

Last edited:
Years ago I once shot 99 out of 100 , but these days maybe 85/90 on a good day with the wind at my back. I cant even think about trying to shoot 500 targets , none the less breaking all of them.

Irregardless of the actual record, one could learn a lot by mimicking that lad's focus and, especially, follow-thru.
Looks like A P-Gun, no doubt a good trigger.

Wayne Mayes, now well into his 60s recently shot 777x777. With a .410

His best 12 ga score is something like 1600/1600.

Good for this young man. The fact that he made this mark is impressive. To take him down, because he is young is wrong. Great shooting young man. :thumbsup::10sign::cheers:

Wayne Mayes, now well into his 60s recently shot 777x777. With a .410

His best 12 ga score is something like 1600/1600.

Wayne Mayes died a few months ago following a terrible accident several months earlier that saw him hospitalized until his passing.
None were better at swatting skeet targets than Mr. Mayes.

Last edited:
Wayne Mayes died a few months ago following a terrible accident several months earlier that saw him hospitalized until his passing.
None were better at swatting skeet targets than Mr. Mayes.

I hadn't heard that he died. He will be missed and long remembered.

A caution for the rest of us: Wayne was disposing of some old powder, by burning it when he was badly burned.

Back