Tell me this isn't smokin' hot

Vote with your dollars, men! SD is unsafe and we have no birds. Spread the word, from behind a mask, of course.
I see where you are going here.

Can pheasants get COVID? Maybe they should be wearing masks, too. I recommend a government mandate to that effect.

Actually, no person/entity/government has any idea at all about the number of cases.

Recall that an unknown number/percentage are totally asymptomatic and that many people, particularly young people, that caught it just stayed home and didn't go to a doctor.

There is absolutely no way to get an accurate comparison of cases/deaths for any state.

I was kind of happy to have that reaction, it indicated that something was happening! Maybe wrong way to look at it...dunno.
Was that the first or second shot in the series that you reacted to? By all reports - the 2nd one is the one that usually hits one hardest.

Actually, no person/entity/government has any idea at all about the number of cases.

Recall that an unknown number/percentage are totally asymptomatic and that many people, particularly young people, that caught it just stayed home and didn't go to a doctor.

There is absolutely no way to get an accurate comparison of cases/deaths for any state.
for sure...just quoting positive tests...I've heard, and believe, that the actual #'s are probably 3-4x that...

Was that the first or second shot in the series that you reacted to? By all reports - the 2nd one is the one that usually hits one hardest.
first...I've heard those who had covid have a stronger reaction to the vaccine...yes, expecting an even stronger reaction on 2nd dose

Good point. Also, 70% of deaths came in obese people, and nearly all fatalities had at least one co-morbidity -- so actual deaths due to COVID were probably over reported, especially early on. I understand that hospitals were paid a bonus of sorts to cover increased costs of handling COVID case where they reported a death to be, e.g., COVID instead of the motorcycle accident the guy was in. But on the other hand, stay-in hard lockdown states such as NY intentionally under reported deaths on a major scale.

So, to your point - probably no way to accurately determine cause/effect, even if there was a will to do so. Which does not appear to be the case.

first...I've heard those who had covid have a stronger reaction to the vaccine...yes, expecting an even stronger reaction on 2nd dose
Good Lord. You already have a high degree of immunity from your recovery, and have taken one round of vaccine. Treatments have become much more effective, too. Plus the variants will be here soon (are already in at least two states, if you can believe that).

I'm holding out for the J&J myself. If that.

The license system for non-residents in SD sucks too. If I buy a non-resident license, I should be able to hunt the entire season whenever I want to. Not be limited to one 14 day window or two 7 day windows. When a non-resident buys a license here or in Iowa, they aren't limited to hunting windows. If the hunting is oh so great there as they market it as, why are they limiting the number of days when you buy a license? I think its send some return fire on our neighbors to the west. A lot of them come here to fish as non-residents so lets limit their fishing season to a specific window too.
Totally agree about the license requirements. I think it's such garbage. Nebraska is the same way as Iowa and MN are for Non Residents. Just buy a license. I love Nebraskas license rules. I bought mine in January for a January trip and plan to use it again next fall before December 31st. I think ND is the same way, just buy your license. But could be wrong, been awhile since I've been to ND.

And funny you mention about their fishing, my dad says the same thing about Wisconsin people coming here and fishing and the price they pay compared to what a MN resident pays for their deer license in Wisconsin.

Vote with your dollars, men! SD is unsafe and we have no birds. Spread the word, from behind a mask, of course.

I voted with my dollars. Took 5 trips to SD this year. BUT, packed in all food and booze from out of state - cooked and drank at the house. Not one dollar to the local economy, other than license fees and some pay-at-the-pump fuel.

We usually dump heavily into bars and restaurants, but with the zero give a damn for safety attitude, I chose not to this year. Different story hunting in MN though - had no problem supporting the local establishments there (who had safety protocols in place).

The Dakota's do in fact lead in # cases per population unit (million people). SD is #8 in death rate per population unit. It is interesting because the number below in cases is actually higher than the actual number of cases because both states have under 1 million people.

The larger number is the US average. So you are more likely to catch it and more likely to die in SD.

1616101194510.png

Those living in SD can tell the rest of us if the death rate is high because of the high number of elders in the state, substandard health care or some other factor.

Totally agree about the license requirements. I think it's such garbage. Nebraska is the same way as Iowa and MN are for Non Residents. Just buy a license. I love Nebraskas license rules. I bought mine in January for a January trip and plan to use it again next fall before December 31st. I think ND is the same way, just buy your license. But could be wrong, been awhile since I've been to ND.

And funny you mention about their fishing, my dad says the same thing about Wisconsin people coming here and fishing and the price they pay compared to what a MN resident pays for their deer license in Wisconsin.
You are wrong. ND sells 14 day upland licenses. You can purchase multiple licenses. Been that way for close to 20 years now on upland game.

The license system for non-residents in SD sucks too. If I buy a non-resident license, I should be able to hunt the entire season whenever I want to. Not be limited to one 14 day window or two 7 day windows. When a non-resident buys a license here or in Iowa, they aren't limited to hunting windows. If the hunting is oh so great there as they market it as, why are they limiting the number of days when you buy a license? I think its send some return fire on our neighbors to the west. A lot of them come here to fish as non-residents so lets limit their fishing season to a specific window too.

Fishing in SD is pretty good, same ND. Plenty of MN outdoorsman head to SD and ND to fish also. WI people love the fishing in the Dakotas so much (affection with perch) that they often buy houses out there.

Looked it up single angler season long NR fishing license.
ND $48
MN $51
SD $67

Not sure why you are complaining too much, you usually do not even drive to W MN to pheasant hunt let alone SD.

Pretty damn hypocritical to bad mouth a state for not putting precautions in place yet talk about how many times you frequented said state.

You guys need to show our know nothing governor and business owners how much smarter and science-ier you are by boycotting us.

Boycotting people/places/things that I disagree with would leave me with few options! But I would be single again...and without a job....hey, not a bad idea!!!!:ROFLMAO:

I love South Dakota and everything it stands for. I also love the split out of state license, it gives us hunters a chance that live farther away to have a good time.
What do you mean by that? Just curious about how the split license provides you more access versus a state that allows you to buy a license for the entire season at the cost of SDs 10 days?

Last edited:
Back