Taxidermist Recommendation?

RuttCrazed

Hey guys, I thought I would throw this out there before the pheasant hunt begins. I was thinking of getting the first deer I ever shot mounted, it was a loooong time ago, but I still have the antlers. Can anyone recommend a taxidermist? I have looked at several websites, but they are obviously only going to put the best pics on there, so I was hoping for some honest feedback.

Thanks,

Rut

If it was shot a long time ago, I'm assuming you mean the cape is no longer good? How long has he been in the freezer for?

Nick

came across something yesterday am. on the way to work, I found two bucks, a8 pointer and a 9 hooked up.Scared the shit out of me at first, they where about 10 yds off the road. one deer was flinging the other deer all around, trying to get loose. I called my son to bring out the crossbow and called the local deputy. after what seemed like an hour(it was only about 15 mins) everyone got there. we drove back up to where I marked them, and sure enough we found them, but both where still alive. after the deputy talked to the GW, they decided we could shoot one and tag it, then the deputy would shoot the other with his pistol. Lucky for me, both boys where there, so they got to do the dirty work( I went on to work) Turned out that the 9 green scored at about 135 while the 8 scored about 125, not monsters, but cool enough for me. Needless to say, both are caped out, and at the taxidermy. soon as i can, I will post pictures. heading out soon to find their big brother who is running around out there. BIG 12, best we can determine, he will score at 180-190, if we every see him in bow range. sorry to steal the thread, but this is way cool for me..
:cheers:

came across something yesterday am. on the way to work, I found two bucks, a8 pointer and a 9 hooked up.Scared the shit out of me at first, they where about 10 yds off the road. one deer was flinging the other deer all around, trying to get loose. I called my son to bring out the crossbow and called the local deputy. after what seemed like an hour(it was only about 15 mins) everyone got there. we drove back up to where I marked them, and sure enough we found them, but both where still alive. after the deputy talked to the GW, they decided we could shoot one and tag it, then the deputy would shoot the other with his pistol. Lucky for me, both boys where there, so they got to do the dirty work( I went on to work) Turned out that the 9 green scored at about 135 while the 8 scored about 125, not monsters, but cool enough for me. Needless to say, both are caped out, and at the taxidermy. soon as i can, I will post pictures. heading out soon to find their big brother who is running around out there. BIG 12, best we can determine, he will score at 180-190, if we every see him in bow range. sorry to steal the thread, but this is way cool for me..
:cheers:

Did they issue you a salvage tag?

This deer was shot about 26 years ago! I do not have a cape, but I did talk to Tom and he said he could get me one.
Thanks for the tip!

Rut

Justin Bremer -- Six two 0 290-2203 is his cell #

He used to live in the Garden City Area but moved to Arlington a year or so ago (Just south of Hutch)

Anyways he's done a number of things for me. I will tell you -- will get your mount back quicker with him than most taxidermists because he doesn't take in more work than he can handle and always wants to get guys stuff back to them in a timely manner. It will look better IMO -- one thing he always gets right is the eyes -- if you look at a lot of taxidermy work they always screw this up and to me it's one of the more important foundational items for having a great looking mount.

I bought the house next door to him when he was a freshman or so in HS and he started self teaching himself this artform -- he's 25 now and has only gotten better with age.

I'm pretty close to him so am familiar with most of the mounts he's done and I believe on his facebook page pretty much every mount he's completed in recent years has a photo on the page. I dont think he's updated all of his 2013 mounts he did yet, I'll have to put a bug in his ear to get that done.

But give him a call - his prices are fair and you'll get a great looking product.

For his dayjob he moonlights as a recreational property manager for a wealthy guy in the area so he might not always answer in the middle of the day.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boomers-Taxidermy/106945879333226

I'm sure he'd be able to get you a cape as well.

re:Taxidermy

Lesters Wildlife Creations 913-674-7116 Paola Ks.
Look him up on facebook. He does wonderful work.

Back