Taking daughter on first Phez hunt!!!

RoosterBuck

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be taking my 14 yr old daughter on her first pheasant hunt on thursday!!!! I will let everyone know how we do and hopefully, if I can figure it out, post some pics!!! I can't wait to get another generation of hunters started! Wish us luck!!!!!

good luck

You go Rooster---She will love it as long as you don't over do it. Best of luck to you and her!!! Some of my fondest memories are with my daughters in the duck blind. They grow up way to fast.

nc bird man

I remember taking my daughter shooting, really some great times, she is now 21, will be 22 in a couple of weeks. She called me on Christmas eve all excited, I figured she opened her present early but knew that could not be it as she was as excited as I have ever heard her, her boyfriend had asked her to marry her. And she said yes. I told her when the wedding was going to be and she "Dad he just asked me, I told her to make sure that it was in the spring or summer or my tux would be camoflauge ( :

Congrats to you and WTG!!!:thumbsup:

I am envious. My 5-year-old recently told me that she wants to go hunting with me next year and help me shoot our thanksgiving turkey... I haven't turkey hunted since before she was born, but if she wants to tag along I would be more than happy to take her. ;)

keep the kids hunting

that's really great it's awesome when your kids get involved in hunting with you. I get more joy out of watching one of my three boys making a good shot in turkey,deer or pheasant season than i do for myself and some of the best lunches I've ever had, have been on the tailgate of a truck with my dad and my boys eating deer summer sausage and ritz crackers and just talking about nothing inparticular.

Does she know there's no texting in pheasant hunting? :D

Seriously though, I hope you and your daughter enjoy your first hunt together.

Just want to let everyone know that my daughter shot her first rooster today!!!!
Proud papa here. I dont think she was too fond of the 4 degree weather but she didnt seem to mind once birds started flying!!! Thank you everyone for all the good luck posts
View attachment 898

View attachment 899

I hope the pics will post!!

Happy Huntress

Just want to let everyone know that my daughter shot her first rooster today!!!!
Proud papa here. I dont think she was too fond of the 4 degree weather but she didnt seem to mind once birds started flying!!! Thank you everyone for all the good luck posts
View attachment 898

View attachment 899

I hope the pics will post!!

Your daughter's happiness shows clearly in the pics. Good dad!

Back