Sweet 16 barrel modification

Here's a pretty nice Sweet Sixteen on GunBroker.com. 26" barrel with vent rib choked IC. Tough to find these. The gun has some wear on it but looks like it would make a great shooter if someone is interested. The seller didn't state the choke in his ad so I sent him a message and he said it's IC.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=345974321

Sweet gun

Wish it would have come earlier. I could have saved myself a few Hundred bucks. The guy will sell me the new in box invector barrel for 575, but I think I'll let it go and by kent tm instead. He comes down to 500 though and I might pop for it.

Wish it would have come earlier. I could have saved myself a few Hundred bucks. The guy will sell me the new in box invector barrel for 575, but I think I'll let it go and by kent tm instead. He comes down to 500 though and I might pop for it.

I'd forget about that other barrel. Shoot it as is and if you find yourself in a non-tox area buy a couple of boxes of Kent TM. If down the road you still feel the need for that kind of barrel there will always be another one available.

I'd forget about that other barrel. Shoot it as is and if you find yourself in a non-tox area buy a couple of boxes of Kent TM. If down the road you still feel the need for that kind of barrel there will always be another one available.

Not sure but the Invector barrel may promote a problem. The guns made in Japan are heavier and the wood much thicker on the forearm. You could run into a problem with the barrel dragging in the forearm, if it even will go all the way on. Then again, I may be wrong. I know if the forearm is not fit proper. The recoil barrel can crack or break the forearm.

I always make sure on any A5 I own, that the forearm doesn't contact the barrel. You can sometimes see the ware mark on the barrel. I sand the barrel channel until there is no contact. Then re-seal the wood with True-Oil.

I would go with what Zeb says. Just buy some Kent Tungsten Matrix for the odd time that you have to shoot non toxic for Pheasants. If you plan to hunt waterfowl with it. then you might consider other options.

barrel

Yep, that's what I'll do. Just forget the barrel and shoot Kent TM and be happy. If I can't hit them with a modified choke then I need more practice. i've spent enough on the gun already.

Briley tubes in Sweet Sixteen

I did it and like it. My gun is a beater so value took second place to utility. See my post in thread below on Sweet 16s. Briley's products are first class and their service is the same. Go for it.

Back