Surrogator

Prairie Drifter, Are you a member of any Quail organization, such as QU or QF? If not you should be, your thoughtful, informative responses here can benefit many, and I for one as others here as well have taken notice to your knowledge, I am in close discussion weekly with the local QU in my area and the things you talk of are what make the difference. VERY VERY GOOD POST!!!!

And yes a surrogator may help in supplementing but they will not stay or reproduce if the habitat is not there. Ever see the movie "FIELD OF DREAMS" Kinda the same thing BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.
Just some great information here guys.

Lvrgsp..:10sign:
HAVE A DRINK ON ME :cheers:

LM,

That's good to know cause I hand't heard about Journey except for rock band. Could come in handy this spring for some application. I think the benefit of buying this way is you get some of the herbicide a little cheaper.

UGUIDE

I'm not sure that Journey is any cheaper than purchasing and mixing Plateau and Roundup. Journey is fairly diluted compared to Plateau so you will need to add a lot more oz per acre to get the same amount of Plateau down. Also you may still need to add a little roundup to Journey depending on the Plateau concentration you want or if you have a lot of weed pressure at the time of planting.

Plateau can only be purchased through the NRCS and then generally you have to buy a whole gallon at a time or increment. If I remember correctly, Plateau is about $350 per gallon. There is something about peanuts in Alabama that prevents Plateau from being sold by chemical vendors in the Midwest. The last time I purchased Plateau I had to buy it from the NRCS and then deliver it to the company that sprays the field.

However Journey can be sold by any licensed chemical dealer in the midwest so its much easier to obtain or purchase in the amount you need. That is probably the biggest reason for purchasing Journey rather than Plateau, especially if you are planning to add roundup to it.

LM

I'm not sure that Journey is any cheaper than purchasing and mixing Plateau and Roundup. Journey is fairly diluted compared to Plateau so you will need to add a lot more oz per acre to get the same amount of Plateau down. Also you may still need to add a little roundup to Journey depending on the Plateau concentration you want or if you have a lot of weed pressure at the time of planting.

Plateau can only be purchased through the NRCS and then generally you have to buy a whole gallon at a time or increment. If I remember correctly, Plateau is about $350 per gallon. There is something about peanuts in Alabama that prevents Plateau from being sold by chemical vendors in the Midwest. The last time I purchased Plateau I had to buy it from the NRCS and then deliver it to the company that sprays the field.

However Journey can be sold by any licensed chemical dealer in the midwest so its much easier to obtain or purchase in the amount you need. That is probably the biggest reason for purchasing Journey rather than Plateau, especially if you are planning to add roundup to it.

LM

10-4 LM. Good info. Thanks.

Back