Subgauge shotguns

Koja, Very nice picture. The hunters that don't shoot a 28 don't know what they are missing. But SHHHHHHHH don't tell'em. It is our secret...........Bob

Sooty, That gun looks like my Savage Milano 28 gauge, did you borrow it for your hunt?........Bob

Bob - I take it from your other comments in this thread that you are happy with your Milano?

Koja and OP - Those are some good pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Matt D

Koja, Very nice picture. The hunters that don't shoot a 28 don't know what they are missing. But SHHHHHHHH don't tell'em. It is our secret...........Bob

Bob, most of those guys couldn't kill a pheasant with less than 1 3/8 oz shot at a zillion fps.:D

Matt very much so, darn good gun. But Savage has stopped having them made. If you can find a new for under $1000 get it, very good buy.....Bob

Matt very much so, darn good gun. But Savage has stopped having them made. If you can find a new for under $1000 get it, very good buy.....Bob

Thanks, you reaffirmed my pick up today. Got a NIB Milano 28 ga for just over $800 total so feeling good about it. Guess maybe I should have picked up a 410 also while I was at it for the same price? Nice looking gun for sure.

Matt D

Good for you Matt, at $800 NIB that is a very fine buy. Like I said they are discontinued and the used market was going up on them. A lot of shooters feel Savage pulled the plug on these fine Spanish guns way to soon.........Bob

Dang, I'd like to find one of these in 20. How much do they weigh in 20 & 28?

Thanks, Matt!

Thanks, Zeb. I'm calling Boise on Monday.

Matt, I got my shotguns mixed up. The Milano is made in Italy by I believe F.A.I.R. They are the same as a Verona. When I got mine CDNN Sporting was selling Verona Screw-in Chokes for $9.95. I bought some and they work fine. Some say the Milano is a 500 or 600 series Verona, Others say 600 or 700 series, so anyway they are good guns..........Bob

Love it

I must admit...I was strictly a 12 ga guy on phez however I recently bought the 20 ga (2 yrs ago) and am starting to try that on roosters and I love my 28 ga (tubed) on Huns.

im a huge fan of the 20g.

i think the 20g is not all the different from a 12g. ive heard of many people shooting 20g out to 40 yards no problem.

skeet shooting and sporting clays shooting i like the 20g too.

i just bought my first o/u in 12g, my next shotgun will be a 20g. either o/u or sxs

You are young and may not have this problem. Going from a SxS to O/U and back again, is harder than you think. It takes some practice with each to get back into the swing of things. I found it much simpler to sell SxS and only shoot O/U's. I went from a 50-50 shooter going back and forth. To a 80% just shooting the o//u..........Bob

You are young and may not have this problem. Going from a SxS to O/U and back again, is harder than you think. It takes some practice with each to get back into the swing of things. I found it much simpler to sell SxS and only shoot O/U's. I went from a 50-50 shooter going back and forth. To a 80% just shooting the o//u..........Bob

I would agree with that statement completely. Spent 2 years playing around with a SxS and have never flung more lead that hit nothing but the ground in my life. I will stick with O/U's, auto's or pumps from now on. I think SxS's are great looking guns and I admire the guys that can shoot them consistently, I'm just not one of them.

Matt D

Back