Sticker shock!

fishpond

Stop in at Bass Pro to renew my Kansas Non Res license; $97.50

$25 bump!

The increase surprised me, but its still a reasonable deal for the time I spend in Kansas.

Stop in at Bass Pro to renew my Kansas Non Res license; $97.50

$25 bump!

The increase surprised me, but its still a reasonable deal for the time I spend in Kansas.

33% increase :eek:, wonder if the resident license fees went up too?

i guess they are catching up with Iowa, they get $125.

Last edited:
Resident fees went up as well. But if you buy a license before Feb. 15, it's not as much. I paid right about 45 for my combo, with the processing fee added. after Feb. 15 (i think it's then) it goes up to 47 for a combo without the processing fee.

They also offer a five year option for residents now, works out to save about six bucks a year.

Yep, same thing happened to me this morning. When people come to Texas to hunt with me they are shocked over $300, but that has 5 deer tags and 4 turkey tags as well as general hunting. $95 isn't bad though

KS license

I don't think its too bad if Iam thinking straight. I bought mine two weeks ago and hunted for five days of 2015. The license is good through 12/31/2016.So the way I figure it I got two years of hunting for 97.50. Is my math FUZZY?

Not really G-force.

Kansas does open its license sales for the coming year on Dec. 15. So you could buy a 2016 license, good until Dec. 31, 2016, as early as Dec. 15, 2015. Not really two years, but feels like it.

wow....my "bargain" state is no longer a bargain....lol Kansas is a license I must have every season as much as my home state of Illinois.

Paid out of state for many years. Then my outfit transferred me to Kansas for a couple of years. Got my Kansas life time license and been smiling for many years since.:)

license

When I went online to buy my KS non res license I could not purchase a small game 2015 license. What I could buy was a Non Res license dated 12/24/15 good thru 12/31/2016. Since I was only hunting 5 days this year(2015) I count that as one yr and now I can go back later this year(2016) and do the same hunt with the same license! I think that is awesome. Assuming I go back to KS again I don't need a license until 2017.

. . . but it's good for the whole season whereas in SD non-Rs are only allowed to hunt a total of 10 days per season and it costs even more! But they do have pheasants. :D

Resident licence went up five bucks or so. Think I paid $27.50 for mine over the weekend.

Wait until you experience the muted joy of turning 65 and you can buy a lifetime cheap. Oh, the thrill. :p

I'm a Kansas Lifetime license holder and made sure my sons had combination hunting and fishing lifetime licenses. A really good deal.

5 yr license

Bought a five year combination license (in state) for $181 last week. Figured a savings of about $40 over that time frame when convenience fees are added in.

. . . but it's good for the whole season whereas in SD non-Rs are only allowed to hunt a total of 10 days per season and it costs even more! But they do have pheasants. :D

so does Kansas and Iowa and you have a much better chance to get on private in those states as well........for free. :thumbsup:

Back