SPORTING CLAYS, TRAP, SKEET SHOOTING

kansashunting

Does anyone do any tournament shoots during summer months?

My uncle and his wife go to tournaments just about every weekend all over KS, MO, NE, and OK. I'm pretty sure they do sporting clays. I've never shot competively outside of family gatherings but I think I might join my uncle one weekend and try it out. I've got the competitive bug when it comes to shooting clay birds.

You better buckle up you can figure about a buck a target for register targets and that don't count a cold beer and a burger either. I shoot with some buds that shoot every weekends and it adds up

I shoot registered sporting clays NSCA #550793 Master class. I started in 2005 in D class. Keep your day job, the $ adds up but it's addicting.

I shot Sporting competitively From 1991 to 2005 and spent a boat load of money traveling to tournaments all over. Nice thing is you don't have to shoot the big shoots and most fun shoots are reasonably priced.

A good way to get your feet wet is to shoot a league at your local sporting club. Get a bunch of your buddies together and shoot once a week. A lot like bowling in that respect. Leagues are usually low pressure and most guys go to just have fun. It is addictive to some who have that competitive spirit so beware....

Last edited:
Back