Sportdog Tek 2.0

The Garmin Alpha is $799. Those are not going to sell well at that price.

I would agree. With the poor track record the TEK 1.0 has they will not sell many if it's priced about the same as the Garmin.

When I was at Pheasant Fest 2013 in Minneapolis a guy at the Dogtra booth indicated Dogtra was working on a GPS system but thus far I have seen nothing about it.

I live close to the corporate headquarters of the SD company and have a contact at that company. I am going to reach out to him and ask if he can put me in touch with someone who will do me the favor of discussing the TEK 2.0 capabilities in comparison with the 1.0 and the Alpha. As discussed in another thread, my concerns regard issues with satellite connectivity in ruffed grouse cover. I am skeptical any GPS system would remain connected in some of the places I have been. I will share any information I can get. It will only help everyone's understanding of any TEK purchase or any TEK vs. Alpha discussion. This gentlemen is a dog owner and hunting enthusiast so I hope he will be able to discuss how SD has addressed the shortcomings of the prior model. I have talked to SD's support before but I purposely waited to contact this gentlemen until the unit was marketed in hopes he has been able to test a unit. We will see....

Back