Sportdog tek 1.5 any good

jmuller19

I was thinking of buying a sportdog tek 1.5 and would like to know what people think about it. Any good? Thanks for any input

Hi, JMO, thumbs down on Sportdog. I've had nothing but problems with any SD product!

If you don't need waypoints, maps or other overlays, I'd suggest you go with a Garmin 550 Plus. I've been using this unit this season, been great! No issues, problems and very user friendly. I'm very happy with the Garmin

Best of luck to you!

Greg

Hi, JMO, thumbs down on Sportdog. I've had nothing but problems with any SD product!

If you don't need waypoints, maps or other overlays, I'd suggest you go with a Garmin 550 Plus. I've been using this unit this season, been great! No issues, problems and very user friendly. I'm very happy with the Garmin

Best of luck to you!

Greg
I've had SportDog products for over 20 years and highly recommend them. Their customer service folks have always gone the extra mile to help me with any issues including my screw ups.

I know that there were some issues with the TEK 1.0 when it first came out. Then Sportdog came out with the 2.0 and did away with the 1.0. They then came out with the 1.5 which uses the transmitter from the 1.0 and the collar from the 2.0. I would advise watching the video about the TEK 1.5 on Gun Dog Supply. Steve does a good job of explaining the collar.

thanks for the info.
You might want to consider the Garmin Alpha 10 also if you are looking for a GPS/e-collar without all the bells and whistles. It would be interesting to see a comparison of the TEK 1.5 and Alpha 10.

I've had SportDog products for over 20 years and highly recommend them. Their customer service folks have always gone the extra mile to help me with any issues including my screw ups.
Same here with the Sportdog products, covered me when I may have been the problem.

Back