South Dakota Limit for a 77 year old hunter!

Dakotazeb

Done by 11:00. Bree had beautiful points on each bird. These were big, older roosters. This could be my last hunt before leaving for Arizona. If so, it was a great way to end the season. Bree has done such a wonderful job this year I almost hate to leave.
1000000548.jpg

Done by 11:00. Bree had beautiful points on each bird. These were big, older roosters. This could be my last hunt before leaving for Arizona. If so, it was a great way to end the season. Bree has done such a wonderful job this year I almost hate to leave.
View attachment 6591
At only 74, I'm very impressed and can only pray I can still go at 77. Obviously, a gorgeous Brittany!!

Very nice , looks like weather is still mild up there , did the birds run quite a bit on Bree ?
Every one held very tight. The first one she had to track for a couple hundred yards before she pinned it down.

Great picture. Zeb, I'm 10 years younger than you and you look 10 years younger than me. Keep on keepin on!!!

Dude that's a inspiration. Nice picture to. Hope I'm pounding limits for that many years. Just curious, public private or ditches??
It was on private land that a friend of mine has permission to hunt.

Glad she is finally steady! Have a safe trip.
She's always been steady. It was only when I was running her in NSTRA field trials that I had a steadiness problem. She got trial smart once she found she could catch those quail and there was nothing I could do to her. If she has a pheasant pinned down and she knows it's right in front of her you can't get her to move.

View attachment 6591

i want to start drinking the same water you drink

View attachment 6591

20231113_144327.jpg
This was the aftermath of hunting with Dakotazeb, George, on Monday. We disnt see many birds on our day together but made our shots count. It was great spending the day in the field with him. It's always a highlight of my trip when we hunt together.

I am 76 and got my limit 3 days in a row two weeks ago. I figure it could be my last time so I had 25 orange T-shirts that recognize my 26 years hunting in South Dakota for my group and the family we have hunted with. The oldest to get a shirt is well over 80 and the youngest is 3.

Same with my dad on pheasants. Missed far more than he ever hit, but man could he shoot geese!
I may do a field hunt this year.I still have my decoys. It's a lot easier than pheasant hunting,that's for sure. It just takes scouting,and a stiff wind.

Back