So who is hunting this weekend?

I'm going, but not for pheasants. I have a plains deer license. Camping and staying out there until the season ends or I fill my tag. Hopefully I'll tag out early.....then I'll go chase roosters.

Working this weekend and doing Thanksgiving on Sunday since I had to work. I am going out on Tuesday. Just trying to figure out if I am heading to Yuma or maybe just go down to Steel Fork.

I'm going, but not for pheasants. I have a plains deer license. Camping and staying out there until the season ends or I fill my tag. Hopefully I'll tag out early.....then I'll go chase roosters.

What unit or units did you draw your tag for?

I'll be hunting in Area 99. I know a farmer who has irrigated corn next to the sand hills.
Have taken some nice bucks out there.

I'll be hunting in Area 99. I know a farmer who has irrigated corn next to the sand hills.
Have taken some nice bucks out there.

Good luck!! I am taking my Daughter in unit 96. Some very nice Whitetails there. Need some luck because they sure don't hold still very long!!

I received an invite to go to ColoradoWingSport but have the crud. Pre-crud, I was thinking about getting out today or making plans to check out Blue Cliff, but just don't feel up to doing anything except for laying around.

We went out Saturday and Stan retrieved 2 limits of ducks and then on Sunday he flushed out 3 or 4 hens. We haven't gotten a rooster this year even though we've been close to many birds. Bob

Greg, we went out and scouted and decided to hunt this cold front and storm knowing that they will have to come to the food source when it gets this cold. It will be challenging to deal with the cold, but she is ready. Heading out Fri.

Greg, we went out and scouted and decided to hunt this cold front and storm knowing that they will have to come to the food source when it gets this cold. It will be challenging to deal with the cold, but she is ready. Heading out Fri.

Well good luck and let me know how it goes...stay warm!!!

Greg

I to have been thinking about going out this week, Thursday or Friday. My concern is: Is it too cold for the pheasants to be busted up and forced to run or fly? I just remember a thread on that topic a year or so back. So I may wait until next week when it gets into the twenty's, besides Hen, Hen will be back in town and wants to go then and he has God on his side.

I to have been thinking about going out this week, Thursday or Friday. My concern is: Is it too cold for the pheasants to be busted up and forced to run or fly? I just remember a thread on that topic a year or so back. So I may wait until next week when it gets into the twenty's, besides Hen, Hen will be back in town and wants to go then and he has God on his side.

From my experience, the colder and windier, the better the hunting is. My best days of hunting were on cold, windy, snowy days. That is if you go to the right spots; tailwater pits, thick ditches and corrals, abandoned homesteads, heavy tree rows, you know, little thick spots like that. Just make sure you dress warm, of course. :)

From my experience, the colder and windier, the better the hunting is. My best days of hunting were on cold, windy, snowy days. That is if you go to the right spots; tailwater pits, thick ditches and corrals, abandoned homesteads, heavy tree rows, you know, little thick spots like that. Just make sure you dress warm, of course. :)

I think you missed the point on this one. He was asking if its hard on the birds, not if the hunting is good. Of course the hunting can be good in crappy weather; the birds are concentrated in the best cover. This weekend will probably not be too hard on the birds since the temp, snow, wind combo isn't too significant. I'd say go for it, but leave a few for seed. :)

I think you missed the point on this one. He was asking if its hard on the birds, not if the hunting is good. Of course the hunting can be good in crappy weather; the birds are concentrated in the best cover. This weekend will probably not be too hard on the birds since the temp, snow, wind combo isn't too significant. I'd say go for it, but leave a few for seed. :)

Oh, yes, i see. And i agree. I don't think this weather is to big a deal for pheasants for just a week at a time.

Anybody headed out THIS weekend? I will be out (typically hunt alone with my dog). I want to go all the way to eastern border but will probably be limited to hunting closer where I have yet to see a pheasant.

Basically I'm thinking I will be driving a couple/few hours to take my dog for a nice run.

Taken quite a few birds the past few years near brush but haven't seen a single bird this year out there yet.

open to suggestions or someone looking to buddy up.

We are headed out to a preserve this weekend. Need to get the new pup "Cowboy" on some birds.

RE: Brush birds
I saw one rooster last year near Brush ... and that was my one and only wild rooster sighting of the year. It flushed too far out to take a shot. I noticed that some of the WIA had been plowed and had winter wheat growing in it the last time I was up near Brush doing some scouting.

We are headed out to a preserve this weekend. Need to get the new pup "Cowboy" on some birds.

RE: Brush birds
I saw one rooster last year near Brush ... and that was my one and only wild rooster sighting of the year. It flushed too far out to take a shot. I noticed that some of the WIA had been plowed and had winter wheat growing in it the last time I was up near Brush doing some scouting.

I always love seeing a new pup try and figure things out. I do all of my own dog training so it's always fun for me. Good luck with Cowboy.

RE: Brush Birds
I limited out a couple times last year and the year before near brush. This year I haven't even seen a hen. Many fields do not look good.

I haven't hunted much private land out here but I know there are birds to be had on private.

Back