So who is hunting this weekend?

Man there is nothing better than watching these beasts do their stuff!!!:10sign:

Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

pup

Heck yeah! Sounds like you've got a good one. I've always been a GSP guy. I have a 2 year old that I'm training right now since it's a slow year. Most of my friends are not into hunting. I Elk & deer hunt in colorado as well and filled my cow tag this year and getting into archery. I'm 27 and realizing not a lot of people want to put the work into a hunt or don't know safety or being cordial to others. Hints my friends that dont hunt haha. I live up north in Thornton but drive all over the state to hunt. I would definitly be up for trying to go after some more birds this season though. If you have room for one more I would love to go! I have a pickup truck that the transmission just went out on but I have a car I can always drive too! I'm still going to leave my pup at home until he's polished off. Was going to include his picture but can't figure it out.

how ya gonna polish the put off if you leave it home, don't sound right to me, take him anyway

cheers

As long as you have control over the dog you should take him!!!:cheers:

I love it when they do everything right! It makes all of the training worthwhile. My wife likes to go along to watch the dogs work and likes taking pictures ... otherwise buddies say "yeah, sure". :laugh:

I was real impressed by our youngster, Cowboy. He's very methodical - you can see the wheels turning in his head. He doesn't run big, which is fine with me, but certainly "gun dog" range. :cheers:

Man there is nothing better than watching these beasts do their stuff!!!:10sign:

Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

just like kids

I love it when they do everything right! It makes all of the training worthwhile. My wife likes to go along to watch the dogs work and likes taking pictures ... otherwise buddies say "yeah, sure". :laugh:

I was real impressed by our youngster, Cowboy. He's very methodical - you can see the wheels turning in his head. He doesn't run big, which is fine with me, but certainly "gun dog" range. :cheers:

ya, then ya brag about them and all of a sudden they don't know anything

cheers

Me: "Whoa!"
Dog: "Wha??? You talkin' to me?"
:laugh:

I do AKC hunt tests with our Weims, and I never know which dog is going to come out of the crate ... the good one in training, or the bird eating deaf one who doesn't know his own name. :laugh:

:cheers:

ya, then ya brag about them and all of a sudden they don't know anything

cheers

Me: "Whoa!"
Dog: "Wha??? You talkin' to me?"
:laugh:

I do AKC hunt tests with our Weims, and I never know which dog is going to come out of the crate ... the good one in training, or the bird eating deaf one who doesn't know his own name. :laugh:

:cheers:

HaHa we had a GWP that I was working with on some live-bird retrieves. I took a quail, tossed it out, sent the dog. He runs out picks up the quail, tilts his head back and swallows the thing whole and alive. No chewing or biting. At the time I had a professional trainer helping me (I do all of my own training now) and I FREAKED out and asked him what to do. He sighs and says, "Whelp, some dogs can handle it some cant. You are either going to have no problems or one hefty vet bill, Just keep an eye on the ol' boy". Luckily that dog had an iron stomach. We only goose hunted with that dog after that.

Back