Snakes

OKIEGunner

Well today, I ran across my second diamond back snake in the past three days. It seems to be a few weeks earlier than usual, but the weather has been crazy thus far. Will make mushroom hunting a little more challenging.

We have has Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes, Pygmy rattlesnakes, Massasauga Rattlesnakes and Copperheads.

The two Western Diamondbacks the past few days were 4-5 feet long. I barley called my dog off in time on the second one.

Uh, I hate rattlers. My pups will be out of the hills until it starts to frost in November or so.

That one of the bad things about bird hunting the mountains.

Our "foothills" (500-3500ft) is where its bad around here. Above that its all timber rattlers and they are few and far between so I stick to the valley and the mountains until it gets cold.

Highest elevation here is just under 2500 feet.

Do you vacinate for snake bites?

Yep, all 4 are vaccinated but if one gets bit its still a trip to the ER. I've heard of jack Russell's who are awesome rattler killers and if they don't die from their first bite they're immune from then on. Cotton mouths are another story though, I hear not many dogs survive a cotton mouth bite.

Do any of you where snake boots & Snake chaps?

What brand do you where?

I only wear snake gaitors at work when out in the field. Turtle skin.

picture.php

Here is a western from today.

YUp it crazy down here with 90+ temps the buzz worms are out in force.
We Have 13 different types of Buzz warms, and two types of deadly Lizards.
Keep the dogs on tight leash.

YUp it crazy down here with 90+ temps the buzz worms are out in force.
We Have 13 different types of Buzz warms, and two types of deadly Lizards.
Keep the dogs on tight leash.

How are those Green Mohave's?????? Spelling may just suck!!! LOL

This is how high I jump!!!!! Even with a Bullsnake!!!! My verticle increases 10 fold!!!!

bullsnake001.jpg

Back