Snakes in South Dakota during pheasant season

The fall is a perfect time to hunt snakes. As it gets colder they will bundle up for warmth, and get into big balls. Try hiking the Badlands, or go just west of Pierre and ask a cattle rancher where you can find them. Ranchers will go out into their pastures in late fall and load them up with pitchforks into 55 gal. barrels for feeds or to get rid of them.:eek:

Cmac, Welcome to UPH. Click on the link at the bottom. There are more than 1 picture there.........Bob

Cmac, Welcome to UPH. Click on the link at the bottom. There are more than 1 picture there.........Bob

Thanks Bob, but i'm still not seeing it, but it could be because i'm on the school computers, haha. I'll check it out when I get home. Would not like to run into any rattlers.

I live in Arizona and had my dog snake trained so she will avoid snakes. The trainer had a large rattle snake in a cooler. He put a shock collar on Ginger and then let the snake out. Ginger started right after the snake and he hit her with a shock that caused her to do a summersalt. She still went after the snake and he shocked her again. After that she would not go near the snake. He told me that it should be repeated every few years. I don't like the shock idea but it did work.

Back