Should I feel bad cutting a stock?

It’s a Fabarm Elos D2.12 28” It’s the only used one I could find so I kind of wanted to wait until I decided if I was going to buy it.
View attachment 7772
Those are nice guns. Not been around the 12’s but have 20 and 28’s. I wouldn’t worry about recoil or cutting the stock. Buy it and see how it is. If needed cut and put quality recoil pad on it. Either way enjoy it!

Regret would have been a better word. Man I shouldn’t have bought that or sold that, or cut that.
It’s on the way. I haven’t bought gun in a while and nothing that nice. I’m excited to see it and get out and shoot it. Thanks guys.

I never feel bad about cutting down a stock. For some reason the trend is longer stocks on some guns. One Rizzini was almost 15 inches!! My last CZ was something like 14.5. 6.5 Lbs wouldn't bother me a bit. That's about what I like in a target gun..

With a gun that light in 12 ga. recoil could be an issue unless you stick with some lower velocity loads. I think you can rule out any 3 inchers. I'd try shooting it "as is" and see what you think before cutting it. You're only talking about 3/8's of an inch. It's not a cheap gun so I'd give it careful thought be for cutting it. However, if you plan to keep the gun for the long haul I'd make it comfortable for you to shoot. But I'd still shoot it "as is" for awhile to make sure it's a gun you want to keep.

I would say buy it and shoot it. 5/16" is not much additional lenght and while a 15" LOP is my prescribed lenght, I have a 15 1/2" that I shoot really well! I doubt that you will even noyive that additional length.

I would say buy it and shoot it. 5/16" is not much additional lenght and while a 15" LOP is my prescribed lenght, I have a 15 1/2" that I shoot really well! I doubt that you will even noyive that additional length.
Maybe if you're only going to shoot this gun. If you're going to shoot Mutiple guns, get it cut to your preferred length or you'll blow a beach ball easy shot when the butt hangs on your coat. I'm 5'8'' 190lb. All my guns are 14 1/8th.

Back