Server Outages

webguy

UPH Owner/Founder
Staff member
UPH Members,

We had some server outages the last hour. I appreciate your patience and everything should be restored back to normal.

Webguy

Looking into it. This is why I'm not on the forum board a lot and read everything. I have to make sure the server runs and the forum board is up to speed. Technology isn't easy to make run perfect.

We had some corrupt database tables, which means we lost all of today's posts. I'm not sure why, but there were multiple tables that had corrupt data. We had a few things going on the server, but we restored from yesterday and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We have added hourly backups to the forum board to ensure we don't lose more than a hour at a time from this point forward. These things happen from time to time.

Webguy

Thank God. I thought it was just my posts and I had pissed off the mods and gotten myself kicked out. :D

Thank God. I thought it was just my posts and I had pissed off the mods and gotten myself kicked out. :D

Ha ha.

The mods on the site are pretty calm guys and make good decisions. I'm the weirdo you need to watch out for. No I'm just kidding.

It's tough to run a quality forum board since I need to keep the server top notch, keep the server fast and make sure spammers don't kill the forum. Spammers get really annoying and I think sometimes members don't understand how bad and relentless these people are.

This time, we actually had a server issue that affected the forum board. So it was something unrelated. It shouldn't happen again with our hourly backups in place.

Thank you Ryan for a while there I thought my computer was getting fussy again...........Bob

Thats what I thought too. I was thinkin I was hit by the fun governor.

Yep, they are all gone. Dang, I posted some good ones for a couple of guys.

Zeb, sorry buddy. Thanks for understanding and you can give me some crap from time to time for this. We have new measures in place as of today.

Webguy

Ha ha.

...It's tough to run a quality forum board since I need to keep the server top notch, keep the server fast and make sure spammers don't kill the forum. Spammers get really annoying and I think sometimes members don't understand how bad and relentless these people are.

I've spent a few late nights restoring from backups and fighting off attacks. Your work is appreciated.

Back