Season must really be over..!

carpfisher

Well folks, the season must really be over. The quantity of posts is really dropping off.
:cheers:

Looks like weather is to change this next ten days with some chance of some moisture. It has been a pretty reasonable winter to date unless a huge spring storm hits I expect a good survival of the birds and other wildlife.

I'm excited for the spring to view my efforts from last Sept as I planted 60 acres of draws and a couple blocks with some tall wheat grass and forbs. Should be some good weed growth as well so if past history repeats itself there should to be some really good habitat for the birds.

Will have to inspect the new tree/shrub patch survival and plan on doing replants but with last falls moisture I would guess that the trees/shrubs probably wintered well.

My big tree grove is pretty well on it's way so it will be fun to see the growth this year with the moisture and root development so well established. Hope we have timely rains this year.

In just a little over sixty days the roosters will be staking out their territory and getting those beautiful red heads. It is always fun as I do tree replants in the spring to hear the commotion and see the beauty of spring unfolding.

I enjoy watching new habitat grow onto great wildlife cover--hope yours and mine do well this year--could be a pretty good increase in bird numbers if things go well. Thanks for your habitat projects--it all helps. :thumbsup:

I'm in Arizona for a couple months basking in the sun and mid 70's temps. Glad to be away for the weather in SD. Don't get on the site as much down here.

You really picked a good year to be away from the area you live in--the NE part if SD is really having a bad winter--blizzard warnings out again today :eek:

ENJOY...I kinda wish I was in Arizona myself...I'd be riding a Harley that's for sure! hope you got on flip flops and have a COLD drink in hand..lol

Just reviewed the weather alert for central S.D. it's going to be brutal cold next couple days. Glad I have some heavy grass, Kochia, trees and cattails.
Plus food plots.

35 below wind chill there won't be a bug a flying!!!

You guys that go through the work to make good year around pheasant cover and food will get your rewards.:thumbsup:

Good for You. :cheers:

Thank you. I look at it as it is a privilege God has given me to help the wildlife and I thank him every night. I strive to be better each year.

Back