SD, Was tough going this year! Still a Blast!!!

Birddog23

Great trip to SD as usual. Dogs did well. We had alot of fun. Made memories. That's what it's all about right?

I'm not exactly sure if the bird numbers were down, but I'm sure they were, due to the flooding and fields that were not able to get planted. People that live back in SD have never seen this kind of water on their property ever!!!! I was amazed at how much water there was. There were places we normally hunt that are huge lakes now. I could not believe it.

We had a hard time finding birds Friday, Saturday, Sunday. With the weather changing on Sunday & Monday, and getting snow and cold, we started to see more birds on Monday.

Attached are just a few of my pictures.

Pheasant hunting is the best of all types if you ask me...only wild birds for me though. Anyway, growing up in Ohio and now living in Georgia, I think SD is great and don't dwell on the # of birds put in the bag. It is about so much more. To put it into perspective, I can flush more wild birds there in a single hunt than the cumulative of my experience of Ohio hunting.

Great trip to SD as usual. Dogs did well. We had alot of fun. Made memories. That's what it's all about right?

I'm not exactly sure if the bird numbers were down, but I'm sure they were, due to the flooding and fields that were not able to get planted. People that live back in SD have never seen this kind of water on their property ever!!!! I was amazed at how much water there was. There were places we normally hunt that are huge lakes now. I could not believe it.

We had a hard time finding birds Friday, Saturday, Sunday. With the weather changing on Sunday & Monday, and getting snow and cold, we started to see more birds on Monday.

Attached are just a few of my pictures.

That's a nice pic. I'd like to have a black lab.Top shelf Bird dog.

Pheasant hunting is the best of all types if you ask me...only wild birds for me though. Anyway, growing up in Ohio and now living in Georgia, I think SD is great and don't dwell on the # of birds put in the bag. It is about so much more. To put it into perspective, I can flush more wild birds there in a single hunt than the cumulative of my experience of Ohio hunting.

Also live in Georgia and make the trip annually with my father (now pushing 80). This was a tough year late-October in the Wessington Springs area. But there is something way more important about the number of birds or shots when you get to spend quality time with your father. Only God knows how much longer I'll have him in my life and our bond over pheasant hunting and those four or five days per year is something I will always treasure.

Also live in Georgia and make the trip annually with my father (now pushing 80). This was a tough year late-October in the Wessington Springs area. But there is something way more important about the number of birds or shots when you get to spend quality time with your father. Only God knows how much longer I'll have him in my life and our bond over pheasant hunting and those four or five days per year is something I will always treasure.
My dad's last hunt was in South Dakota. He didn't shoot a bird, as usuall, but he had fun.He was a good pheasant hunter when he was younger, and he always took me out, so I have to thank him for that.

My Dad has made the trip from the East Coast to Colorado then to South Dakota to pheasant hunt with me for the 20 years. He turned 79 this past June and still getting along fairly well. He still manages to get a bird or 2 a day, but it’s definitely more about the trip. It is the highlight of my season and maybe the year and I know he feels the same as well. It is tough to watch him age, but I cherish every moment we are together and always look forward to the next trip.

My Dad has made the trip from the East Coast to Colorado then to South Dakota to pheasant hunt with me for the 20 years. He turned 79 this past June and still getting along fairly well. He still manages to get a bird or 2 a day, but it’s definitely more about the trip. It is the highlight of my season and maybe the year and I know he feels the same as well. It is tough to watch him age, but I cherish every moment we are together and always look forward to the next trip.

Those of use getting older -could only wish to have a son with that kind of love/feelings:10sign:
I’m lucky to have one like you—
Thank you for reminding me-;)

Back