SD Trip Video

I have the dog harness for gopro but the videos give you a headache. The shotgun mount sucks because you have to keep it pointed. But good if you have a shooting problem. The best harness you can get is the head harness. Save ur money on the other stuff. Camera, head mount, chargers, extra battery, cell phone app. That's all you need.

With the head harness, does it move up and down quite a bit while you are walking or does it stay pretty stable. Seems like it would get frustrating trying to watch it with your head always turning and looking around.

With the head harness, does it move up and down quite a bit while you are walking or does it stay pretty stable. Seems like it would get frustrating trying to watch it with your head always turning and looking around.

It is not to bad you just have to remember you have the camera on. I would only turn the camera on when dogs get birdy. I have jus let it run, but gopro breaks the videos down to 17 minutes, I believe that is for size concerns. You get great videos of your shot and can see what you are doing wrong on your misses.

Thank you much, looks like I will be investing into some head mounts. Should probably get another camera and a bunch of extra batteries!

Thank you much, looks like I will be investing into some head mounts. Should probably get another camera and a bunch of extra batteries!

I have a total of three batteries with a charger for the truck, carry one extra with me on hunt and charge other while hunting. I have found the total run time to be about a 90 minutes when just left on for my settings.

I purchased a DriftHD about 5 years ago. I mount it on the side of hat this way it looks right down the barrel. YouTube pheasant hunting with drift hd you willsee ryantodd has same setup in his videos.

I have a total of three batteries with a charger for the truck, carry one extra with me on hunt and charge other while hunting. I have found the total run time to be about a 90 minutes when just left on for my settings.

Ever use the stabilizers?

Ron, what do you think the pros are for the DriftHD?

Have not used stablizer. I wanted camera looking down the barrel like myright eye drift shape made that work also wrist band with on off switch works good without taking off gloves. Battery life was problem when really cold ,so iput batterypack inright shirt pocket with cord to camera on hat.thatyoutube video of ryantoddis what i see in my camera.

Have not used stablizer. I wanted camera looking down the barrel like myright eye drift shape made that work also wrist band with on off switch works good without taking off gloves. Battery life was problem when really cold ,so iput batterypack inright shirt pocket with cord to camera on hat.thatyoutube video of ryantoddis what i see in my camera.

Nice video!

Head mounts dont shake to bad. The thing I like about the cell phone app is you can see if you are crooked or not. And sometimes when you hit the button it doesn't turn on. Or I forget and already have it on, then when the dogs go on point I turn it off! Amateur mistakes I guess. I like having the cell phone app too for other types of hunts. Like turkey hunts. I put the go pro right by the decoy and turn it on and off from the blind.

Back