SD Trip Video

The harvested bird is icing on the cake, it is all about our 4 legged hunting buddies! Good video and choice of dog:D

Thanks for all the comments. My dogs get to hunt 3-4 days a year in SD, at a preserve a time or two and then we chase the phantom quail and an occasional woodcock around Arkansas. Being in Arkansas I have always had labs but all my duck hunting buddies have dogs so it was getting a little crowded so I got Brits. Both were given to me and I have tried to do what I can with them, basically stay out of the way and let them figure it out. They are getting some age - Sassy is almost 10 and Jinja(named after an African village where my daughter did mission work) will be 5. Been lots of fun! Will be looking in next year or so for another dog and trying to decide which way to go. Thanks again!!

Absolutely awesome!! I've been putting off buying a camera for enough years now. Next fall will be different. I desperately want videos to get me through the off-season. Which do you use, Chad? Like it?

I have a go-pro hero. I do like it and I am even looking at buying a newer updated one for better video quality. I also agree it will be nice to watch the video's to get through the down time.

Absolutely awesome!! I've been putting off buying a camera for enough years now. Next fall will be different. I desperately want videos to get me through the off-season. Which do you use, Chad? Like it?

I have a gopro Hero Silver 4 and love it, they are great to document you hunting trip, I would highly recommend one. I put it off till just before my SD trip and glad I had it. Anxious to use it in the grouse woods this fall.

Chad:

Great videos, looks like you had a great hunt.

Well other than the major two day weather event- Sunday(Snow) and Monday(hurricane wind) we had a great trip. Birds were spotty in certain areas and it others they were grouped up. Lots of hens around which was good to see for this coming spring. Tons of great dog work for young and old dogs this trip. Now it's time to start the countdown to fall 2017.

Well other than the major two day weather event- Sunday(Snow) and Monday(hurricane wind) we had a great trip. Birds were spotty in certain areas and it others they were grouped up. Lots of hens around which was good to see for this coming spring. Tons of great dog work for young and old dogs this trip. Now it's time to start the countdown to fall 2017.

That weather on Sunday/Monday really screwed up our travel plans so we opted out.....good thing is I was able to switch my son's hunting dates to fall of 2017 so he is good to go, let the countdown begin.

Is your camera mounted to your hat ?

Yes they can be worn over your hat, they have a harness that you can use. I would like to try and rig up something for the bill of my cap to mount the gopro too. There is also a chest harness, but I don't care for the video from that perspective. Ebay has some good deals on gopro bundles, they typically come with couple of batteries, 64gb card and mounts. That is the route I went.

I have the dog harness for gopro but the videos give you a headache. The shotgun mount sucks because you have to keep it pointed. But good if you have a shooting problem. The best harness you can get is the head harness. Save ur money on the other stuff. Camera, head mount, chargers, extra battery, cell phone app. That's all you need.

Back