SD outfitters

Tom S. Bass

I've been browsing the featured South Dakota outfitters on this site, and they all seem pretty impressive. Do any of you have 1st hand experience with any of them? Is there one in particular you can recommend? Naturally, you will want to be discreet about your comments so as not to offend the folks who sponsor this site. But first hand objective reviews would be a huge plus if I decide to visit one of those places. Also, will any of them accept a single hunter?

I've been browsing the featured South Dakota outfitters on this site, and they all seem pretty impressive. Do any of you have 1st hand experience with any of them? Is there one in particular you can recommend? Naturally, you will want to be discreet about your comments so as not to offend the folks who sponsor this site. But first hand objective reviews would be a huge plus if I decide to visit one of those places. Also, will any of them accept a single hunter?

Most outfitters won't accept a single hunter. There is a hunting group builder towards the bottom of the main page. This is where you could try to hook on with someone else looking to book a trip. Sometimes there are people trying to fill up a u-guide reservation. I have never hunted u-guide but I know people that have with good experiences.

Thanks for the responses, Guys. I definitely noticed the group builder sub-forum; it's one of the main reasons I decided to join this forum. It seems like most of the other hunting forums that I have visited are just all about mundane chatter - you know, "What's your favorite caliber?" and such. As soon as I would mention something about wanting to organize a group to go hunting, I would get an icy, or even rude response (if I got any response at all). Chit chat is fine, to a point. But with as much time as some of those guys seem to have to blab on a forum, a real outdoorsman would be out in the field hunting, fishing, or training his dog. Anyway, thanks for the tips. I'll bear them in mind if I get serious about a trip to S. Dakota.

Uncle Buck: I was in Alaska, once, for a few days, many years ago. I wouldn't say that I have "spent time" there. Why do you ask? No offense, but the question seems a bit out of the blue.

tHERE IS A tOM bASS WHO IS A BUSH PILOT IN ALASKA AND I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE HIM.
01-22-2013 09:05 AM

That makes sense! But no, I'm not him.

Back