scammers in our midst

Anyone else get a PM from a scammer on this site recently? Watch yourself, I didn't open the link in mine but I know one when I see one. Mods you need to do something about member "eternity".

TM, please list the details, username, what they did, etc.
I agree, we can't penalize someone on just someones suggestion alone. Post what they did, the link or something so we can investigate. If you don't want to post it, then please PM us with the info.

I got the same PM. From Eternity ( 0 posts ) with a message that said something like "Hi I'm new here." It also included a link that looked sketchy to me so I just deleted it. So, I have no idea what it was about, but it didn't pass my smell test.

I was reading your posts and I looked up to see if I had any messages, and I did have a private message from this ETERNITY also. I didn't open it.

Ditto on PM from Eternity. Here I was thinking I was special.:)

I also just deleted it.

Matt D

Can someone just copy and paste it here if you get it. He may be up to stuff but we need to see it. That will do nothing if you copy and paste the message here. It looks like he had a conversation with a couple people that apear normal, but thats all we see. We can do away with it but hope you understand if we don't ban someone with out proof. It may be a situation where we would tell him to stop and temp him, or the axe. So forward it or copy it or something please so we can see the link.

Hey,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
Eternity
http://alturl.com/h59f

This is what I got I just told him he should introduce himself to all.
I figured he thought I needed saving or something.

looks like that email was target to seniors.

cuz i didnt get one... nor some youngun didnt... that i notice.. i could be wrong.

*coughs*

I best get on out of here.

Last edited:
Can someone just copy and paste it here if you get it. He may be up to stuff but we need to see it. That will do nothing if you copy and paste the message here. It looks like he had a conversation with a couple people that apear normal, but thats all we see. We can do away with it but hope you understand if we don't ban someone with out proof. It may be a situation where we would tell him to stop and temp him, or the axe. So forward it or copy it or something please so we can see the link.
It's been taken care of :D You guys shouldn't receive any more links from that user.
:thumbsup:

So if we have any questions about people should we PM a (Moderator) or post it here? I would hate to slam someone then find out he lives by me and is a good guy.

Question 2
Can we do anything about Birdman calling me OLD?:D

So if we have any questions about people should we PM a (Moderator) or post it here? I would hate to slam someone then find out he lives by me and is a good guy.

Question 2
Can we do anything about Birdman calling me OLD?:D

Yes, we can do it faster this way. I would have perm banned him right away. This was a spammer.Not what the site wants. KT beat me to it, thanks for posting this finally. You can also forward it or hit the report post tag. They get creative sometimes, and PMing you was a way to fly under the radar for a bit. They did not PM a moderator:D The guys will catch most of them but this one was hidden to us. + as much as we would love to, we can't each stay on 24 hrs a day, so any goofiness, feel free to report. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, we can do it faster this way. I would have perm banned him right away. This was a spammer. Harmless, but not what the site wants. KT beat me to it, thanks for posting this finally. You can also forward it or hit the report post tag. They get creative sometimes, and PMing you was a way to fly under the radar for a bit. They did not PM a moderator:D The guys will catch most of them but this one was hidden to us. + as much as we would love to, we can't each stay on 24 hrs a day, so any goofiness, feel free to report. :thumbsup:

maybe you could find more people to be Mods with limited access to help with such thing. I think theres only 2 right now, right?

How long does Spammer season run for? What is the best dog to use for this? pointer or flusher?

Thanks to the Moderators for keeping us Spammer free.:thumbsup:

Back