Saturday is opener

There are just more hunters on opener than there are decent spots so having the field to yourself is expecting a lot.

I don't think its unreasonable at all to get to a spot and expect to hunt it if you're the first one there. Its downright disrepectful to show up as the second or third group and start hunting the same parcel as someone who's been waiting there for an hour or two. I would never do it, and I would expect the same manner of behavior from others.

I would often encounter this while waterfowl hunting. I'd get to a good spot in the marsh a couple hours before legal shooting time and some dip shits would show up and set up 100 yards down. They'd shoot at birds I was trying to decoy.

If you wait until the Tuesday after opener, many of these spots will be nearly completely void of hunters.

I don't think its unreasonable at all to get to a spot and expect to hunt it if you're the first one there. Its downright disrepectful to show up as the second or third group and start hunting the same parcel as someone who's been waiting there for an hour or two. I would never do it, and I would expect the same manner of behavior from others.

I would often encounter this while waterfowl hunting. I'd get to a good spot in the marsh a couple hours before legal shooting time and some dip shits would show up and set up 100 yards down. They'd shoot at birds I was trying to decoy.

If you wait until the Tuesday after opener, many of these spots will be nearly completely void of hunters.
Duck hunting was always crazy rushing to a spot or getting out there at midnight ha was always just part of the experience and was expected.

Pheasant is different for me though and I try very hard to stay away from others and won’t usually hunt if there’s another truck there. Sure part of it is having the dog with and actively covering ground compared to sitting the cattails in one spot.

Back