Saints win

bobeyerite

The Saints played a very good and gutsy football game and won by 14 points. I felt it was very fitting that Drew Brees got the MVP honors. He tied the record for the most completions (32) in a SB. What can I say it was a little boring at times but the second have did have a lot of excitement in it. What was your take/opinion of the game?.......Bob

Who Dat? Most daring call I have ever seen with the on-side kick to begin the second half. Without that, who knows what might have happened? A great win for the Texas boy Brees...

The things that were truly amazing to me, were these facts. There was only (1) one interception in the whole game. There was only (1) sack in the whole game. That is really some good hard played football. I do think the best team on this day won.......Bob

that on side kick was just like when the steelers did it to the cowboys in last superbowl the cowboys won totally unexpected and gutsy call , just like tonight heck of a call and probably the call of the night and peyton never could get on track and adjust to the pressure in his face and make some quick throws to pick apart the blitz but all in all i thought it was very good game.

What really surprised me, the Saints can actually play some pretty good football.
But I guess Sean Payton knew what he had to do to get past the Cardinals and the Vikings. Both of which has the better team. IMO

Man I don't know? I do think however that Brett may not feel so bad now.:thumbsup:

Probably sets the odds in favor of Farve returning for another shot.:thumbsup:

I'd be shocked if Farve did not return. His injuries won't be as big a deal as his shoulder issue to overcome.

At beginning of SB I was routing for no team and had favored the Colts but by end of first quarted found myself routing for Saints. They deserve it and so does NO. When Vikes day comes it will be sweet.

Brees is a standup guy and glad to see them get the title. They earned it.

Personally, not only because the Saints got lucky and won against the Vikings, I got so sick and tired of all the "It's the Saints Destiny and all that".
Give me a break. If anything, it was the Vikings Destiny because they had been to 4 superbowls and not won any. Also, I can't wait until the Vikings open up against the Saints next year. Brees better watch his knees, because they were a dirty team when they tried taking Favre out. Yes, I'm still mad about the game. I like Brees to.......just not his dirty defensive line.

The saints are better than than arizona and the vikings. you can say the turnovers beat the vikings, which they did but the better team (the one without the turnovers) won. Even if the QB stays, the vikings won't get that far next year.

The saints are better than than arizona and the vikings. you can say the turnovers beat the vikings, which they did but the better team (the one without the turnovers) won. Even if the QB stays, the vikings won't get that far next year.

I disagree with your thoughts on the saints being a better team than the Vikings. We had that many turnovers and still had our chance to kick a fg and win. Vikings will be back next year, not the saints.

it will def be interesting to see if farve will comply with going to Football camp bc not once in his life time attended practice and funny how ne accepted the positions two weeks before the pre-season opens.

Im a new york Giants fan.. always have been since i was a little boy.. when i talk to people.. when i say, what about those saints? they say this, they are a bunch of p**sies and always play that, oh feel sorry for me bc my team was destroyed by a hurricane!!! please rub this game so we can win!

wow.. okay.

I think the vikes played really well. i agree, there were calls that didnt get called, one for example when farve gets hit hard, even when the ball has already flew out of his hand 5 seconds ago and the ref was looking right at it, didnt throw a flag.... HUH?

really? did the refs rig this game? that sidekick was a lucky one and didnt expect it to happen.

Favre is having soooo much fun!:) If he were to announce his retirement.:eek: No more guest appearances, no more commercials and no more Fave stuff.

But then again:confused: He's retired before.

I think if he retires during training camp he will mean it.

He won't retire, not yet.:cheers:

Anybody lese watch Leno? I managed to stay up. He had quite the greeting on the show. Alot of fans in audience. He said he hadn't made a decision yet. Leno really put it to him. Held a big celebration for his retirement and then another fan fair for his staying on a year.

We won't hear anything soon.

My prediction has come true! Too bad Labman

Last edited:
Back