Rough day

dukhnter7

I knew this day was coming and I thought I was prepared to handle it. I was wrong! Had to take my 14 year old lab in to be put down. Quality of life was no longer there and I did not want him to suffer at all. Over the last couple days he went completely blind. That plus some other old age health issues made the decision easy but the task was extremely hard. I never liked reading these types of posts because I knew my time was coming. He gave me 12 years in the field and was an awesome dog at home. I'll miss you big guy!

Eichhorn's Braer Bud "Buddy"
08/24/1999 - 04/22/2014

Rough day for sure. Rest assured that you gave him all a dog could ask for - days spent in the field where labs belong, and a warm bed to come home to at night.

I've lost two labs in the past couple of years, and it's never easy. Both made it to the ripe old age of 14, and lived full lives up until the end.

Now get out and work with that young dog...

Cheers,:cheers:

Dave

The GOOD do die TO YOUNG !!! the trouble with dogs is that we have them with us WAY too short of time !!! The Rainbow Bridge always brings tears to me !!!

So sorry. Breaks my heart. One of my dogs is 11.5 and living the retired life. Pride is 10.5 and hopefully has one more year in him. I know that I will have to experience the same loss in the not to distant future.

You guys had a good long run! What a handsome guy! Hang in there, Ive been there a couple of times. No worse feeling.

What a great lookin fella who obviously had the best life a dog could wish for. You helped him out in the end when he needed you. My thoughts are with you.
Dave

The pic speaks volumes!!!!! You will have him forever!!!! So sorry to hear and you are right, we are never prepared....

My yellow named Gus was put down last June.
He made it to 13, but I miss him badly.....

Duck hunter, Great lookin dog! Always sad to see them go. You provided him with the best life he could have ever imagined, food, water, and the opportunity to do what he was created by God to do, hunt birds! No better life for a dog. Take time to grieve, look at old pics, tell stories of days afield to your buddies, and then go look for a "new" companion never a replacement.

Thanks for all the kind words. I have a 2 year old that I am running for his first APLA title on Saturday. I think I'll carry Buddy's collar in my vest for good luck. :cheers:

Dukhntr-great pics of Buddy in happier times. 14 is a great long life for a lab-our best was 13.5. I'm sure you were both the best of pals and you helped him out in the end when he needed it. Good luck with your APLA pass-post some pics of your younger one. My guys are now 3 and 5 months so hopefully I've got a long run before going through what you just went through, and what I went through last August. Take care,
Tom

Sorry for your loss I feel your pain too, HRCH Rocky Mountain Rosco SH had a heart attack on his favorite couch and died friday 25th, It is very painfull, Mike lost his dog friday too Ben 3 year old was bitten in the neck by a rattlesnake right in the artery, he died in one half hour, We all did good at the APLA test but it was bitter sweet........

Back