Roosters,Ruger and Brittany’s

Nice photo. I’ve heard a lots of good things about the Gold Labels.

My Red label has been trouble free and used hard.

It’s been tough at work and haven’t had a chance to take off until today . I decided it would be a good idea to try and get some roosters ahead of the Storm that’s going to hit parts of Kansas.

I left my house a little after 4:30 to get close to pheasant range by shooting light .

These were the best scenting conditions I have had all season , it was a damp 40 degree morning with a slight southern breeze , A long sleeve undershirt , long sleeve shooting shirt and a vest was about right .

I would be hunting With my top dog Ginger that handles with hand signals and handles running rooster as good as any dog I ever had in my kennel .

Today I would be shooting my Ruger gold label sxs , it’s my go to gun when things get tough .

My girl put me on Birds right away and by noon we had 3 late season roosters off Public ground , I went 3 for 3 with my gold label .

I was in hopes of finishing my limit after a quick lunch break and the weather started changing with high wind gust and rain , I figured I better beat the snow that’s coming so I called it a wrap .

I was happy to settle with 3 public Land Prizes and some darn fine dog work .

Nice photo and I like the looks of your box. In the market for a new one for myself. You happy with that one?

Yes it’s been a great dog box , I really like the hinged lid , it keeps most of my essential gear associated with hunting and dogs .

Sure don't see many, if any, Gold Labels. Too bad Ruger discontinued both the Red and Gold Labels. I always wondered why they never made the Gold Label in 20 ga. I would have thought it would have been a great seller.

What a fun day for you and Ginger. ND's season closed January 2 and we have been hit hard with Snow in the Minot area so my dogs are giving me the stink eye wondering why we aren't chasing roosters. It sure sounds like Ginger is one of those special dogs that every dog owner deserves to have the pleasure of owning in their lifetime. Good luck and hope you can make it out again before the season closes.

Sure don't see many, if any, Gold Labels. Too bad Ruger discontinued both the Red and Gold Labels. I always wondered why they never made the Gold Label in 20 ga. I would have thought it would have been a great seller.
Yes I would have loved to had one in a 20 ga , I thought about contacting their custom shop when there were producing the gold to see if I could get one in 20 , I never did .

Ruger knows where the profit is in the firearms business , I am glad Bill Ruger saw this project through .

I have some Letters from Bill Ruger where he was corresponding with my Dad’s boss , you can tell by the letters Bill was a class act for sure .

Looks like you and Ginger had a great day, thanks for sharing. The ruger doubles are very fine guns.

What a fun day for you and Ginger. ND's season closed January 2 and we have been hit hard with Snow in the Minot area so my dogs are giving me the stink eye wondering why we aren't chasing roosters. It sure sounds like Ginger is one of those special dogs that every dog owner deserves to have the pleasure of owning in their lifetime. Good luck and hope you can make it out again before the season closes.
ND I am sure lucky she is my dog for sure!!! , she was one of the best Britt.’s I have had out of 30 plus years of Britts . Miforester has a sister to her from the same breeding and she a dang fine dog too.

Tom I was just typing this when you responded.

Seems kind of funny that American SxS's just never seemed to be able to stay in production. The Browning BSS, although not made in the US, was another excellent SxS. But it was on the heavy side.

Seems kind of funny that American SxS's just never seemed to be able to stay in production. The Browning BSS, although not made in the US, was another excellent SxS. But it was on the heavy side.
The BSS was always considered a poor man's Winchester 21. They are quailty sxs's but yes do carry alot of weight, i love my 12 ga bss.

ND I am sure lucky she is my dog for sure!!! , she was one of the best Britt.’s I have had out of 30 plus years of Britts . Miforester has a sister to her from the same breeding and she a dang fine dog too.

Tom I was just typing this when you responded.
Mike, We need to get the sisters together again for a hunt or two!

an effective trio. nice pic.

Sounds good to me Birds are going to be in trouble with the Sisters after them .
B Team might be so bad either. Just need bird numbers to rebound so we can tag up in NE.

Back