Rooster to Hen ratio

What are you guys seeing right now for a hen to rooster ratio? Saturday was real windy and had a lot of wild flushes of big groups of birds with no or 1 rooster in the bunch. Just wondering what you guys have been seeing.

Actually been worried on a little bit of the other side. Seems like we've seen a lot of Roosters versus hens. Hoping that the future hatches will be okay.

What are you guys seeing right now for a hen to rooster ratio? Saturday was real windy and had a lot of wild flushes of big groups of birds with no or 1 rooster in the bunch. Just wondering what you guys have been seeing.

Probably a young rooster trying to get him some, while the older, smarter roosters are hunkered down waiting for you guys to walk by ;)

I personally don't think it's ever a bad thing if you see a shitload of hens. Should equal some good shooting next year, if we could just get a decent spring!

I just got home from hunting the Wakeeney/ Hays area for 4 days. We saw a majority of roosters. We shot 28 in 4 days with 3 guys.

Saw a crapton of hens. Very few roosters. It was fine, got lots of good dog work out of it. And it bodes well for the future. :)

Lotsa Cocks

I'm seeing more cocks than hens. Flush a dozen in a covey last weekend -- all cocks but two. I have no explanation.

We've only been out opening weekend, but saw more roosters than hens. I like to see more hens.

Back