Rogers toughman upland vest

Labradinger

This thing looks good and the price is right. Anyone have one that can share? My one concern is a D ring on the shoulder strap. I dont think it’s been out long so longevity is anyone’s guess.

I had not seen one until just now looking. For $80 it looks like it would be worth taking the chance on it it was something you needed. Let us know if you pull the trigger.

I agree with Matt, looks like a good vest for the money. I bet the D-rings could be easily removed? Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the water bottles might be a little tough to get too? I have a few Roger's brand deer blinds. The quality is excellent for what you pay for them. I've never had to test any customer service issues with them, but their shipping is fair and fast.

I agree with Matt, looks like a good vest for the money. I bet the D-rings could be easily removed? Hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the water bottles might be a little tough to get too? I have a few Roger's brand deer blinds. The quality is excellent for what you pay for them. I've never had to test any customer service issues with them, but their shipping is fair and fast.
I was pretty sold on a Final Rise, but with free shipping at Rogers if I spend another 20 bucks (which im sure id have no problem doing), it seems like a good deal and id save about 250 bucks off the Final Rise. Just ordered a garmin collar today so the price break would be welcome. Agreed the water bottles may make a guy stretch, but a lot of vests look that way. Im used to my 20 year old Whitewater brand full vest and am used to digging water bottles out of pheasant feathers:)
Glad to hear your Rogers brand stuff is quality, I dont know that i have looked at their website before and only heard of waterfowl buddies buying cases of ammo off them. Never knew they had their own brand.

Ordered it. Plus 20 dollar boxes of .38 special! Got an 80’s Smith and Wesson IA state patrol revolver the old man bought from his trooper buddy when they went to pistols. This is as cheap as ive seen it. Ill let u know how the vest feels.

It’s made from heavy duty cordura, not as heavy as WingWorks but plenty heavy. As heavy of material or a little heavier than my Quilomene San Carlos. The game bag is lined with a waterproof material and has grommeted drain holes in the bottom. I haven’t shot with it yet but I don’t think the straps are going to bother me when it’s adjusted properly. It doesn’t have as many pockets as some of my other vests and they aren’t as big but it is much more reasonably priced compared to the other vests. The straps are padded but I don’t think they are going to be an issue because the chest strap pulls the shoulder strap in to the middle of your chest. The top of the vest is mesh but the part that touches most of your back is like my WingWorks, solid. The pocket on the back probably wouldn’t hold a jacket but there are straps that could be used. There is also a zip pocket inside the game bag for storage but I don’t think it would hold a heavy jacket. The game bag is probably bigger than the WingWorks game bag.

I think it will, I haven’t hunted in mine yet since I bought it in February, but it feels good wearing it around the house. I plan on taking it prairie grouse hunt September 1

Got my vest today. Initial impression is that every aspect of it is pretty heavy duty and built well. I gotta check Rogers return policy though, as I dont know if it’s gonna be for me. It is heavier than I expected it to be. Something about it just didnt feel right, mainly in the straps. The straps are a little thicker than I hoped, especially on the front of your body. This doesnt serve much of a purpose imo, as there shouldnt be much if any oressure on the chest. I mounted a few different guns in different directions, and it did impede my mount a couple times. I feel like this could mess with a guys head a little bit. The chest strap is adjustable up and down, which is nice.
My main complaint is the water bottle holders. Tough to reach and although I could get a bicycle bottle in there while I had it off, I couldnt do it while I was wearing it very easily. Im not the most flexible guy, but Im certainly not the least. There is zero chance a 32 oz nalgene style bottle could fit. It’s an extremely heavy mesh with a small opening and it seems like it wants to close while wearing it. The depth wasnt too bad.
The shell pockets were ok I guess, although they were really flat and tight to my body. I threw a handful of shells in, which opened them up a little bit it seemed. If I only had a couple shells in there, I had to really dig for the opening. They could make the pockets more rigid and open them up a little.
The game pouch would make me reach, but I think itd be manageable.
If I can find a water bottle to work, I may keep it. I had a tough time justifying to myself the $350 for the final rise vest, but I dont believe I wouldve had any of these issues with it either.

Sorry to hear the vest wasn't quite what you had hoped.

I have used a Final Rise for the last 2 seasons. Absolutely love it. I can easily access two different water bottles and put birds in, or take birds out, of the game bag without taking the vest off. I pack a lot of first aid supplies for the dogs, and space has never been an issue. I do have to take the vest off while driving, due to the way the game bag is designed, but I just hang it from a hook in the backseat of the pickup. It can't take more than 30 seconds to put on or take off. I was leery of spending that kind of money on a vest, especially one I couldn't try on. I bought mine during the peak of Covid, when you couldn't hardly find any vest in any store to try on. I have no doubt that this will be the last vest I will ever have to buy.

i havent read a bad review of that Final Rise vest. I hope I never have to regret not having the abilityto carry a dog out like that provides. Thats worth a decent amount in itself

Will a Gatorade bottle fit in the vest? I like to use Gatorade bottles because there’s no cap to fiddle with. Haven’t had leaking problems yet either…

I havent had ahold of a gatorade bottle in 20 years but if theyre the same size they used to be, no way it fits in the Rogers vest

i havent read a bad review of that Final Rise vest. I hope I never have to regret not having the abilityto carry a dog out like that provides. Thats worth a decent amount in itself
Ill bite. I too bought the final rise and while I do think it is quality equipment i do have a couple complaints. First off its hard to get the birds into without taking it off and its hard to get the water bottles in and out of. I know its the latest and greatest piece out there right now but theres always room to improve.

I got an email this morning saying the rogers vest was again on sale. 69.99 or 79.99 i cant remember, been tempted but oddly enough the lack of Gatorade squeeze bottle fitting is a deal breaker for me as well

I’m not a recent Gatoraid drinker but here is a picture of a 32 oz Nalgene bottle in the bottle holder of a Roger’s Toughman vest. I doubt the squeeze top Gatoraid bottles are this big and I would bet those 32 oz Gatoraid bottles would fit as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    968.9 KB · Views: 19
The Roger's strap vest looks somewhat like the WingWorks and a pretty good deal for $80. However, it is no WingWorks vest. I've owned a WingWorks for over 10 years and it's the best. But you pay for it. The two biggest issues I see with the Rogers is water bottle holders and loading the game bag. Those two features with the WingWorks are great. First, it holds two 1 liter water bottles that are very easy to get out and replace while wearing the vest. And second, the Wingworks game bag is very easy to load while wearing the vest.

Thanks. Current gatorade squeeze bottles are 3" dia. I use them because both me and the dog can drink with ease

The Nalgene bottle pictured above measures 3 1/2” in diameter.

Well, im wondering what they did to my vest then. Thinking some quality control issues from manufacturer. I struggled, with the vest off and 2 hands, to put a 24 oz bicycle water bottle into both sides. We have a couple of those nalgene bottles and they are a fair amount bigger than the bike bottle.

Back