Resident Opener

chad.vis

Got out yesterday and today and was pleasantly surprised with the amount of young birds seen. My son and I headed west of Sioux Falls and it looks like the flooding didn't effect the birds too bad once you were 60+miles west of town. The amount of hunters was surprising but there seemed to be plenty of birds for the guys with dogs willing to work for them. I headed to MN for the evening hunt and that will be tougher in the SW corner. Some carry over mature birds but no young ones seen near the creek and ponds I hunt there. Corn harvest at around 25% but in full swing and beans are essentially done. VERY dry and a little hard scenting but a great time was had.

Wow the game farm must put out the late hatch birds for you residents

Right?! They save the pretty ones for the non-residents.

I passed on a couple like that yesterday & Ace got mad. He told me neither he nor my frying pan care how old they are. So today I promised him if they try to cackle, even just a little bit, it'll be the last thing they do.

Ace reminds me of Fonzy. HEEEEEEEYYY. Cool and chill......until he hits a scent or a cattail marsh! I look forward to the vid Brett.

Right?! They save the pretty ones for the non-residents.

I passed on a couple like that yesterday & Ace got mad. He told me neither he nor my frying pan care how old they are. So today I promised him if they try to cackle, even just a little bit, it'll be the last thing they do.
You need to let those birds go ace.

Back